The Tarot of Vampyres - Three of Grails

WolfyJames

Those two females vampires are the twins of mercury (gemini), they are identical up to their dresses and jewels. They share a male vampire companion who seems to like them both, they share a deep bond. He is muscled and bears a tattoo of a snake, the animal representing the grails suite, there is another snake on the mask on the pillar on the right as well. They were out hunting that night, they went on that boat in the background and took as many lives as they could. Now as the dawn is there, they're watching the boat sinking slowly. They have drunk plenty all three, filled the cauldron with the blood of their victims. With their hunger satisfied and the cauldron full one of the sisters is pouring the blood of her cup on the ground.

The mercury symbol is under the green heart on the left side and the cancer on his belt. I mention this because 3 of cups is mercury in cancer.

I want to point that since the deck is heavily inspired by the Thoth, the keyword for this card is ABUNDANCE.

Attachments

• cups03200.jpg
    cups03200.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,556

MaineGirl117

I thought it was interesting to read in the companion book, that the 3 of Grails is the counterpart to the 3 of Scepters. Since I have never seen a boat on the 3 of Grails before (in other decks), does anybody have an explanation as to why he is linking these two opposing energies together?

I can see why the 3 of Scepters connects to the watery element of Binah because of it's supreme feminine energy, but why say the 3 of Grails is it's counterpart?

When looking at the two cards, the 3 of scepters has so much vitality, "aliveness" with the colors in the sky, her clothing, her hair, the red rose in her hand. The only color that is truly vibrant in the 3 of grails is the red in the cauldron. Should we believe that this life giving energy is embodied in the Scepters, but shared for all in the grails? Selfish to selfless?

WolfyJames

Well, that is very interesting, I never played attention to that part of the book. But since there are qabalistic elements on the cards, like the yesod moon on the nines, I did wonder why there are boats on only two cards on the threes.

Maybe it's because Wands are masculine, an outpoor of male energy, that flies in all direction. And the Wands are at the top, they're Atziluth/Chiah, the Life Force itself. On the Three of Scepters (and the Three of Wands on the RWS), the ship is leaving on adventures and business. The threes are binah as well.

As for the Cups, they come right after Wands, they're Briah/Neshamah. As typically seen in the qabalah, it follows balance, male - > female - > male - > female. And Cups are female, receptive, passive, and the ship is coming back.

male - > female - > male - > female

Wands (Atziluth/Chiah) - > Cups (Briah/Neshamah) - > Swords (Yetzirah/Ruach) - > Pentacles (Assiah/Nephesh)

Attachments

• Image01.jpg
    Image01.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 860
  • Image02.jpg
    Image02.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 869

Hemera

And Cups are female, receptive, passive,
Errr..what :bugeyed: Does the companion book or Qabala say that female=receptive=passive? And that Wands are active=masculine? I beg to disagree..

MaineGirl117

The companion book merely states that the 3 of scepters is the is the companion of the 3 of grails. The ship sent out in the 3 of Sc, is the one that returns in the 3 of Grails.. I was wondering why?

Hemera

I thought there is no reason other than the Three of Scepters being a card of creative urge to search for adventures, prepare for a journey and set sail into the unknown whereas Three of Cups is for celebrating the ship that comes home with plentiful treasures. Just different energy.
I love the way the cards are all showing the same mysterious place. Everything seems to take place in the same realm and this just makes it more obvious.