nightmares...again

destinyawaitsme

I know earlier I posted about a reading I gave myself after having really horrible nightmares. Well, here I am again with the same problem...although I have tried and tried to use a dream dictionary to look them up..it just doesn't make any sense to me. Things are going really good and I usually have bad dreams when things are stressed in my life. So I did a 3 card tarot reading...I just asked for insight as to why I might be having these dreams. (I used Thoth deck)

7 of Disks
Ace of Cups
Princess of Cups

Ok, there is a new guy in the picture. And something that haunts me is that it won't work out. That I will put so much into it and I won't like him...or he won't like me. So here is where I need the help, my question was, How do I deal with this? What are my options? and I got:

6 of Cups
10 of Disks
4 of Swords

So should I just take it easy? Probably. I have tried doing readings on this relationship...just to see what might happen. And I get everything from 2 of cups and the lovers to 5 of cups and 7 of pentacles. And anyone who has a Thoth deck can look at those last two cards and the words "failure" and "disappointment" jsut jump right at you. So if anybody can give some advice...please do, any help is appreciated.

Mojo

Initial impression of the first reading: you're trying too hard to fit a romantic situation to your pre-conceived fantasies or expectations.

The second reading seems to be advising you to take some time and step back from the situation and try to see it more clearly. Get more in touch with what you want out of it.

The feeling I always get from the 10 of Pentacles/Disks is one of imcompleteness... all of the elements are there that should make for a happy scenario, but for some reason it just isn't clicking. The 6 of Cups here is saying that you need to go back to simpler, more childlike expectations when it comes to this guy and your relationship with him.

deso

Have you tried re-entering your dream and confronting the "threatening person or thing?" This is very effective and often cuts nightmares short in their tracks.

AmounrA

Hello Destinyawaitsme.

I don't think a 3 card reading is going to give you enough guidence in your situation. May I advise you do a tree of life reading. It is excellent at giving a complete map in a simple way of whats going on with and around you. Here is a simple way of doing this spread

.....?

Before you lay out the cards hold you hand over them and imagine an intense beam of blue light coming out of your hand into the cards. Ask only for the truth-no specific question. lay out the cards in above formation face down, turn over card 10 first.

10) this card is a your external world/ your body.
9) this card is into your mind at its most basic level (moon)
8) this card represents your thoughts.
7) this card represents your emotions
6) this card is your base, it is the heart. The personality you where born at.(sun)
5) this card represents your will , strength
4) this card represents your compassion, 'love'
?) this card should be turned over last and is your future
3)this card will be the 'spirit' interacting on you left side (cards 5-8)..understanding
2) this card will be the spirit interacting with your right side (cards 4-7)..wisdom
1) this card is the source card of you 'spiritual' fountain.

If negative cards appear it will show clearly where the problem lies. For example if a negative card appears at 7, and no where else, it means you have a minor problem, basically an emotinal one. Basically the lower the 'negative' cards the better.

Cards 8-7, 5-4 & 3-2 should be seen as scales, if cards 8-7 are out of balace it will block the tree above it, i.e if you are emotionally upset you don't have much time for 'sunny' magikal games.This is a very brief account of this format , but I am sure you can ponder it more yourself

Try this formation and feel free to e-mail me or post any queries you may have about the cards that come up and where they come up. I have used this formation for many years with the thoth deck and have never found it disappointing :)

destinyawaitsme

Ok. I tried the reading and although each card makes sense I really can't get the jist of what the reading as a whole is saying.

Here is what I got:

10. King of Pentacles
9. Queen of Swords
8. Seven of Swords
7. Justice
6. The Emperor
5. Prince of Pentacles
4. Ten of Pentacles
3. 6 of Cups
2. 4 of Swords
1. 9 of Pentacles

? - Strength

I thought that maybe this reading was indicatign that I am thinking too much about this because I'm afraid of making a mistake. But I really don't know where the Strenght comes in. If you can help at all please do.

AmounrA

Hello, I think the source of your nightmares is coming from unbalance between 7-8. 7, is emotions, the card you got was futility(thoth7sw).As a balance in position8, thoughts, you had justice(adjustment). This could mean there is something on you concience, which is affecting you. Futility in emotions is not overly great. Do you have anything to gain by going out with this person?, I don't think going out with him will lead to anything, long term. The clash between king coins & queen of swords, is interesting, It suggests that your outer world and your inner personality might not compatable. The king of coins is earthy, solid(dull?) , yet the queen of swords is airy, lively, prone to wims.

higher up the tree you had6cups, in binah, suggesting that you are about to enter a stage of experimentation, the truce card in chockmah, suggest you have been having an inner conflict, possibly over the two opposite types of person with in you (safe play....dangerous play).

the strength card(lust in thoth) is the future card of the deck.......it implies you might just go for it with this guy, dispite all your reservations.......overall I don't think it will work out, but I also don't think you will be harmed. To be honest this type of taro reading is not really what I use the taro for,but I think your cards where pretty clear.