spread suggestions: questions surrounding death

snuffy

i was doing a reading for myself this evening when the thought of a deceased schoolmate crossed my mind. i was not terribly close with him before his death, but since the accident two years ago, i feel as though his energy has been with me in subtle every-day occurances. i know it might sound odd, but i almost feel as though i know him better now than i did when he was with us.

anyway, i had an idea to do a spread about him. since i didn't know him well when he was alive, i'm not sure what kind of spread would be ideal to use.

some of the things i'd like to learn from a spread would be the purpose of his energy in my life, what i am supposed to learn from him, and possibly some insight to issues surrounding his death (the coroner ruled it as a suicide, however it's still an incredibly controversial ruling around here).

i'm lost as to what spread would be best. any suggestions or advice for my reading?

miss_apples

I have been looking for a spread such as this also. I know exactly how you feel, I have had that same situation twice now. I havent found a spread for this but i can try to create one. It shouldnt be that hard.

snuffy

the only thing that i've found that might work is the spread that thirteen suggests in this thread, but it's geared more for missing persons. i've not had a chance to try it out yet, as i really want to take whatever reading i do seriously and perform it in peace and quiet-- something not so abundant around my house today! :)

miss_apples

ok here is a spread I just came up with now...and it looks like this.

--2-----3--
-----1-----
--4-----5--

card #1 represents the spirit, a little info about who they are
card # 2 represents why they are with you right now
card # 3 represents what they want you to know
card # 4 represents what actions you can take and/or how you can help them
card # 5 is a summary/outcome of the entire reading

now I havent tried this yet so try it out and let me know what you think or if you have any ideas on how to make the spread better.

snuffy

aha! thanks, miss_apples, can't wait to try it out tonight. let me know how it works for you, too. perhaps we can compare :)

wavebreaker

Snuffy: I moved your reading to the Your Readings forum, since you are much more likely to get a response to your reading there. You can find it here.

snuffy

thanks wavebreaker! sorry for the inconvenience, hehe