How do you store your decks?

Sakabu

In their original box with the rest of my art supplies in a drawer... sometimes on my desk, like right now. I have other decks stored in a plastic box that is part of a stack inside one of my lower drawers (It's a huge desk)

Edit: I get the feeling I always store my deck with all my creative energy, around places I work on stuff...

Sulis

My reading decks are in silk-lined velvet bags next to my bed along with my tarot journal, a few tarot books and a couple of fountain pens.
My other decks are in boxes under the bed.

DaisyLeaf

In their boxes in a drawer ... However I just discovered a little camera case by Logik that fits my Mystical Lenormand perfectly and is still small enough to fit in my pocket (or for shoving in a bag ...)! There was various sizes in the shop so tomorrow I'm going to look for a slightly larger Tarot size one ...

Melisandre

I think I've finally figured out my own system. Almost every deck has a bag (lucky for my wallet I crochet ), and I got two really beautiful scrapbook boxes at a craft store that fit perfectly in a shelf in my desk. Looks pretty and now my small bedroom isn't cluttered by all the decks laying around :)

Glass Owl

Up until a few days ago, I had all of my decks and books stuffed in a large rubbermaid type cabinet in the hallway. It was very roomy but I couldn't really see what was all in there. Plus, it felt sort of odd, keeping what means so much to me hidden away in my own home.

Well, I finally broke down and did some major book purging in my living room/library as well as some reorganizing. And with my hubby's encouragement, I took my decks and books and put them on two of the living room bookcases. They look so amazing! It made all of the hard work and tough choices worth it. If my phone is cooperating I will post pics later.

We are also in the stages of putting up some sheer white curtains over the book cases now - something I was inspired to do after seeing someone's pic here. I think it helps minimize the look of the clutter (which is good thing since there are so many bookcases!) and keeps out the dust. My husband really thinks they look nice and wishes we had done it sooner.

But I have to admit I was happiest to hear my husband say that he doesn't care what his conservative relative thinks. And if she were to ever notice them and gets on her religious soapbox (which she does over little things!) he will go toe to toe with her.

Yineth

I keep my current decks in the drawer of my nightstand beside my bed. The nightstand has been with me since I came to the US (part of a bedroom set my mom bought for me when I got my own room), so it's pretty much a piece of furniture that has been integrated into my life xD
My RWS stays inside the original box it came with, my Touchstone stays inside its original box, but for my Mystic Dreamer I got it a new bag (the starter bag it came with was just... Blegh).

My younger brother likes to call it, "The Magic Drawer," because I tend to keep office supplies and other random necessities in there (Yes, even emergency snacks :p)
Other times items that may have been misplaced end up finding themselves in there too :)

Bhavana

GlassOwl, would love to see some photos when you can!

I am sure I've posted in this thread....all my decks are in a small dresser. Running out of room, though....

I don't know if anyone has seen these index card boxes from Mead...I found them in a local stationary store a few weeks back, it was the first time I'd ever seen them. Maybe they are new? They are probably thick cardboard covered with fabric, and they are not that big. The deck in them is certainly a smaller size deck, the average size Llewelyn deck. My Rider Waite deck fits into it as well, but as you can see, the LWB has to go on the outside. Not sure how this would be long term for storage, if one isn't careful, the LWB might get messed up. It's a nice alternative, though.

Attachments

• mead box 001.jpg
    mead box 001.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 161
  • mead box 002.jpg
    mead box 002.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 164
  • mead box 003.jpg
    mead box 003.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 140

kmartin60

I use to have all mine in three drawers in a plastic tower on wheels thingie? From wally world till tornado season hit! For some reason I got super paranoid (we are in a trailer) but the new storm cellar we got put in is super damp sooo I finally put as many as I could into 2 popcorn tins and the remainder I put into a big gift bag with all my meds for when we need to go sit out a storm.

Not as good as I would like but for just during storm season will have to do...now I just need to turn my eyes to my bird/craft room and what to do with 100 dolls? hmmmmmm LMAO

Yineth

@Glass Owl: Pics or it didn't happen;) [Your setup sounds really lovely though.]

@Bhavana: I've never seen those before, but they look really neat! I wonder if they're available in my school's bookstore. They look really useful for organization and for travel use.

Zezina

Rather relieved, Le Fanu, to see I'm not the only one here with a growing collection of baba-prague bags. Aren't they gorgeous!

Tarot decks were traditionally wrapped in silk then stored in wooden boxes, to keep the bad spirits out, but gregory's mention of mice reminded me there is a much more earthly reason for such precautions.

Briar Rose, a link from this thread to another thread led to a photo of your 'to-die-for' bag for your Enchanted deck - that bag is beautiful, and so appropriate for that deck. I do enjoy it if Tarot bags relate somehow to the decks that they contain.

My 50+ Tarot decks just fit into these wire baskets, and increasing numbers of these decks have their own bags now. The purple velvet curtain rolls down to cover them.http://www.flickr.com/photos/zezina/7119147825/in/photostream