help with tree of life

numbrel

Hi, in another thread, AmounrA suggested a tree of life spread, which looked interesting so I tried it. I think it has a lot to tell me, but I just don't get some of it, especially the coins.

I used my Scapini deck.

10) external world/body - 6 Wands
9) mind at basic level - 4 Cups
8. my thoughts - Death
7) my emotions - 4 Coins
6) personality born at - King Swords
5) my will/strength - 5 Coins
4) my compassion/love - Emperor
?) my future - Hermit
3) understanding - Wheel of Fortune
2) wisdom - Ace Coins
1) "spiritual" fountain - 2 Coins

Actually the 4 Coins in emotions makes sense because I am a very closed person and I am miserly with my emotions.

If AmounrA reads this, could you elaborate a little more on what the places mean, especially 1-3. I tried to find information on the Tree of Life online, but its like the Celtic Cross, everyone has their own little version with slightly different meanings.

Thank you.
numbrel

AmounrA

i will try my best, but spheres 1-3 are the most abstract and distant region of the map. The tree can be views in (at least) two very distinct ways, as a map of you, and as a map of universe.

Kether(1)[hidden intelligence] The crown. If we imagine pure conciousness using the tree as a model to express itself, its first step would be the creation of kether.It could be discribed as the essence of being, matter and spirit. The point from which all things come. Kether has the potential to form . If you where religous, you may call kether 'god'.

Chockmah(2).[the illuminating intelligence]wisdom. this sphere is believed to be male in nature (active,vigorous). It is where the potential within kether becomes realised.(almost think of cell divison). It is believed to be vital energizer of physical existance. The wisdom is the one which started developing and working out how to develop at the universes most early stage. i.e , the idea itself, still within the spiritual/concousness stage

Binah(3)[sanctifiying intelligence].Understanding. Believed to be female in nature, passive. This sphere is the mother, she gives birth from ideal to actual. It could be seen to be a constructive power, in a very real sense. You could view the 3 above steps as an artist bringing an idea from within,out onto a canvass.

The above 3 spheres are called the supernal triad. They are Ideals. They are matter/spirit in its most fudermental state. They are separated from the other sphere by 'the abyss'. The abyss could be viewed as empty space. It could be viewed as space in a very real sense, earth is in the abyss. All the spheres from this point are actual.

The taro cards you had for these 3 spheres where....1) two coins...2) ace coins....3) wheel of fortune.

fortune in binah..From this I would sumize that the universe has something in its 'womb' that is going to affect your lower spheres(reality) at some point. something is being constucted, but what is a mystrey, perhaps not chosen yet.

ace coins in chockmah.. the first thing to say is that the aces corrospond to kether and the 2's corrospode to chockmah, your reading has the switched. (The cards i use are thoth). This card is a pure form of earth energy.It is a positive creative card, behind whatever is being formed with the wheel of fortune.

Kether.2 disks. As kether is the 'point', this card appearing there is humourous as its 'duality'. In the thoth deck it is called change. In the sense that one sphere is moving on to another, it suggests that there is a transference of spiritual power occuring deep inside you. The fact that the hermit has shown up in your future makes me believe that you will have much 'study' 'contemplation' coming up, with a new deeper initiation into conceptions/perseptions of reality......this is all underlined by 'death' appearing in your thoughts...rebirth., the 4 coins in emotions would imply you are emotionally strong and fairly non 'attached'(in the buddist sense of non-attachment). The six wands is 'science', which shows you have your foundations on sound ground.

the king of swords, the attacking king. This is your base card at this time. Looks like you are ready for another go, and as you travel up half way, the universe is travelling halfway to meet you. All in all an interesting reading...your initiation is going to go up some levels :)

numbrel

AmounrA (03 Dec, 2001 07:33):

The taro cards you had for these 3 spheres where....1) two coins...2) ace coins....3) wheel of fortune.

fortune in binah..From this I would sumize that the universe has something in its 'womb' that is going to affect your lower spheres(reality) at some point. something is being constucted, but what is a mystrey, perhaps not chosen yet.

ace coins in chockmah.. the first thing to say is that the aces corrospond to kether and the 2's corrospode to chockmah, your reading has the switched. (The cards i use are thoth). This card is a pure form of earth energy.It is a positive creative card, behind whatever is being formed with the wheel of fortune.

Oh dear. I wish the universe would decide. I have been getting readings like this since high school (over twenty years ago).

Thank you, AnounrA.

numbrel

AmounrA

I think in that case a change is well due to come :) Perhaps it's been in binahs womb for all this time, waiting for you to meet it halfway. sphere 3, binah you had, the wheel of fortune, below that in sphere 5 'geburah (will/strength), you had the 5 coins, is in the thoth deck 'worry'. this is above sphere 8-Hod, thoughts where you had death/rebirth. On the tree of life these spheres all make up the left path. This is more the intelect side of the tree. This all implies change.

by looking at sphere 10-9, where 10 (malkuth) can be seen as the world you live in , you had the 6 wands, 'victory'. In sphere 9(yesod) you had 4 cups 'luxury'. These cards imply that at the lowest levels of life (food/shelter/basic contentment) you are well catered. Its only when we go higher up the tree that there is any unease.

The right had sides cards perhaps imply you should/could give a bit more, in shere 7, emotions you had the four coins, which means 'power', and in the sphere above that, 4 (chessed/ mercy,compassion) you had the emporer. not bad cards, but perhaps not the most relaxed cards you could of had.above spheres 7-4 comes sphere 2, chockmah where you had 2 coins 'change'.

All in all I think that change/development is about to come.......and I think you might know it :)