Your Top 5 Home Remedies....

Tansey Ella

Try either a benzol peroxide bath wash or a salicylic acid body wash. I use Walgreen knock of T Sal for a body wash. I have also just purchased Benzol peroxide for $1 at the dollar store and applied it to the bumps. I have rosacea and it can be really hard to work with. I find the body washes work the best. You can purchase a shampoo with the same ingredients and use it instead of a body wash. works for me.

Clover329

Tansey said:
Try either a benzol peroxide bath wash or a salicylic acid body wash. I use Walgreen knock of T Sal for a body wash. I have also just purchased Benzol peroxide for $1 at the dollar store and applied it to the bumps. I have rosacea and it can be really hard to work with. I find the body washes work the best. You can purchase a shampoo with the same ingredients and use it instead of a body wash. works for me.

Thanks Tansey. I'll give it a try. I just scrubbed my arms using an exfoliating sugar based scrub and it seemed to work ok, but only diminished the look and soften them a bit.

Thanks again!
Clover

Gennai

Red for romance

I've learnt a few things while reading the posts, will try the Vit K for dark circles....

Angel Dancer said "Have a job that needs to get done, but can't quite find the energy or motivation? Wear red! If you're like me, you might not naturally tend to wear a lot of red, but I bought a get-the-job-done red top and it works. For me it has the added bonus of facilitating change as it's not one of my comfort zone colours"

I heard this on the tv, about wearing red particularly near your base chakra, ie undies... to attract love and romance into your life. Supposed to have instant effects!

Ice Madrox

I like making a face scrub out of honey and demerara sugar. It's like a dryer, larger brown sugar crystal. I use it in the shower and it exfoliates nicely, with the honey acting as a moisturizer.
I also like using plain toothpaste (paste, NOT gel!) on the occasional blemish. A little dab before bedtime and it's usually clear by morning.

mysticmanth

Ice Madrox said:
I like making a face scrub out of honey and demerara sugar. It's like a dryer, larger brown sugar crystal. I use it in the shower and it exfoliates nicely, with the honey acting as a moisturizer.
I also like using plain toothpaste (paste, NOT gel!) on the occasional blemish. A little dab before bedtime and it's usually clear by morning.

Can you tell me the method on how to make this, Sounds just like what i need :) x

Scorpio Kitten

As part of my morning and evening routines I use tea tree oil on a dampened cotton ball on my face for the treatment & prevention of acne breakouts. Of all the treatments I've ever used it's proven the most effective.

I guzzle green tea and take vitamin C whenever I feel a cold coming on. It always wards them off.

Eucalyptus oil for helping to clear the sinuses. I pretty much just sniff the bottle and it opens them right up!

Tobacco on bee/wasp stings. It absorbs the poison and kills the pain almost instantly. I got this one from my Grandma, who always used to break open a cigarette when I got stung. It sounds weird but it really works!

Lavender oil for sleep relaxation. Pretty common, but I use it all the time so I thought I'd share anyway!

Ice Madrox

mysticmanth said:
Can you tell me the method on how to make this, Sounds just like what i need :) x

I just take a little 2 oz. jar (you can usually find them at like... a beauty supply store) and mix it in there. It isn't very difficult at all. I pour in the sugar first and then eyeball it with the honey. As long as the sugar is covered in honey, it shouldn't be too rough to agitate your skin. You can mix it as you'd like... add more honey to make it more liquid-y or add less to have the sugar crystals kick it up a notch with the exfoliating when skin gets naughty. It's really easy and fool-proof!
My one friend even likes to goop it on as a mask, sit with it on for about 10-15 minutes, and then just scrub it off. I can't do that because my house is kinda hot, and it ends up kinda melting/running off of my face. Not pretty! lol
I just use it in the shower. Grab a finger full or two, and scrub away! :)

druidicseer

interesting tip:
back in the old days maidens used to take thew leavfes from strawberrys and make it into a tea ; washing there face with it to get rid of oily skin. they woulod use the berrys to get rid of freckles

druidicseer

Lavender oil for sleep relaxation. Pretty common, but I use it all the time so I thought I'd share anyway![/QUOTE]

also you can use lavender oil to condition oily hair and it actually kills lice!!!

merissa_88

Floracove, I forgot about Aloe Vera. My partner used to grow it as a house plant. It was great for all burns, including sunburn.

My new thing is cinnamon stick tea. It really does keep away the flu or colds.