Suddenly the GT has exploded before my eyes

Carla

I've been working through the GT on and off today, dutifully interpreting the first three cards, the four corners, the destiny cards, reading the lines of past, present future. It wasn't easy but I chugged away. (I've been using the instructions on Andybc's blog).

Then I started to look for what's close to what, and all of sudden the GT started drawing my eye all over the place with so many messages, I couldn't figure out where to even begin to take notes in my journal. It's like it's just firing in all directions and I don't know where to start with it.

What should I do? I was thinking, to control it a bit, perhaps I could look for cards that represent certain life areas, like work, money, husband, etc, and see what surrounds those cards. Right now, it's sort of sparking off in all directions and I don't know what to think. I got up from it and came straight to the PC to ask you guys.

If a card catches my eye, should I go with my instinct about reading on it? Like, read straight down the whole column from it to find out more? Is it possible that all four cards that surround a card can work together in one sentence about it?

What to do, what to do! It just feels like it's all too much and I'm sitting there with my eyes darting back and forth and not able to really hear any of what it's trying to tell me.

lord_ewin

CONGRATS on doing this!! ;)

One thing at a time!:D

the biggest problem with the GT is diving in, no system... so follow things in a method that works for you. For example, just start by interpreting past present and future. don't go knighting and bending backwards.

No time to post more,
Regards,
LE

Ronia

Well, first of all you have connected, so congrats! :D I'd suggest a glass of wine for the occasion. :D Second, if you feel the connection so strong, surrender. Write down all you see, don't pay attention to the order now, just write. Words, fragments, everything. Tomorrow or in a couple of days you will have the time to put the pieces together. I also suggest writing down the order of the cards, like we post them here, so you have this GT for reference when things calm down. But right now - enjoy it and let it talk to you! Great job! :)

Carla

Well, first of all you have connected, so congrats! :D I'd suggest a glass of wine for the occasion. :D Second, if you feel the connection so strong, surrender. Write down all you see, don't pay attention to the order now, just write. Words, fragments, everything. Tomorrow or in a couple of days you will have the time to put the pieces together. I also suggest writing down the order of the cards, like we post them here, so you have this GT for reference when things calm down. But right now - enjoy it and let it talk to you! Great job! :)

That was my first instinct but then I thought--no! This may be wrong! I took a photograph of it and also wrote it down in my journal. The photo is on my homepage--along with some notes of how I've clunked my way through it so far. :)

Thanks LE and Ronia! I'm off to make some lists! Do you suggest I also write down the card references where these ideas come from?

Ronia

I don't know about references. I think you will look at it in a different way later on. What I suggest is just welcome your connection now and really enjoy all the cards want to tell you. :) But that;s just me.

Ronia

If a card catches my eye, should I go with my instinct about reading on it? Like, read straight down the whole column from it to find out more? Is it possible that all four cards that surround a card can work together in one sentence about it?

Yes, yes, yes! That's how it works! If it flows in your mind as a phrase, follow it by all means and trust it, regardless what meanings you know or don't know, regardless if it seems "correct" or not! It's fantastic you made it to here so quickly, really! Read all you feel should read, it's painting a picture for you. Even if you feel the need to go out of the column or the row and go astray, do it! :)

I took a look at your GT but I find this deck very difficult to read as the images are very different,can you write down the cards as we do in the GT monthly spreads?

Ashtaroot

I've been working through the GT on and off today, dutifully interpreting the first three cards, the four corners, the destiny cards, reading the lines of past, present future. It wasn't easy but I chugged away. (I've been using the instructions on Andybc's blog).

Then I started to look for what's close to what, and all of sudden the GT started drawing my eye all over the place with so many messages, I couldn't figure out where to even begin to take notes in my journal. It's like it's just firing in all directions and I don't know where to start with it.

What should I do? I was thinking, to control it a bit, perhaps I could look for cards that represent certain life areas, like work, money, husband, etc, and see what surrounds those cards. Right now, it's sort of sparking off in all directions and I don't know what to think. I got up from it and came straight to the PC to ask you guys.

What to do, what to do! It just feels like it's all too much and I'm sitting there with my eyes darting back and forth and not able to really hear any of what it's trying to tell me.
Yes yes yes yes .. You got it.. And yes follow it.. Try it and see how accurate you ar.. You will find that ..all line will merge and they will reiterate the same message in different ways.. That is what s cool about it.. You just unlocked the door.. Go to town and have fun:party:
That is amazing

Carla

I made a page and a half of random jottings, then they started kind of repeating themselves and I petered out. That was interesting. Now I just have to watch over the next 4 weeks and see how they manifest. Thanks for all the encouragement. I hope it becomes less 'random' with practice, I don't know how I could read for an actual client like that! Just sort of blurting things out with no apparent rhyme or reason. :)

lord_ewin

Ohhh! how I love the mad scientist feel of this thread! Mooouahahahaha....

Congrats Carla! :D

I agree with everyone who chimed in, keep your notes and your intuitions. It doesn't really matter how much you get right or wrong, you'll start seeing stuff and getting better hunches. Eventually, all this will slow down for you and it'll seem like second hand.

I personally sit down and write a lot of information with the GT (whichever one you like, doesn't matter, it's a preference, that's all). Speaking of which, Treppner describes the middle column as the "Fate" cards (this is for Ronia!) :D

Eventually, you'll develop a method of doing things. I start by the 1st three cards, then the 4 corners, then I read from the man or woman (while doing the houses as I go)... then I look at diagonals.. That normally takes me 30 minutes to an hour of writing (I do reports for my clients). If they're sitting in front of me, I touch on the future past and present, and then let them ask questions. After that, I send them a report on the rest of the details.

214red is going even deeper, she's adding astrology to the houses, which I think will kinda be freakishly cool.

Some would look at things in a different way (ie: reading all the cards in a string; knighting; mirroring). You don't have to do it all, and it really doesn't matter what you do first, as long as you do it systematically and you're happy with the results. I think anything more than 4 techniques starts to repeat information for nothing.

Just keep notes and keep up the excellent work!! :D