Need some help finding my phone.

Sharla

Finding lost objects, especially small ones is difficult because, chart or no chart you can look in the right place bu stillt miss them.

You never need to post the chart, simply post the time, date and place. Signs and houses also give directions...N, S, E, W so you could try that, in conjunction with high medium or low or other in qualities. You might also try using the third as your phone is a means of communication.

I think the chart was giving me some good clues though, as i ended up finding it in a chair in the front room on the lower level floor of the house, under a cushion my son had been sat on the whole time, and my son is the only person i live with.

If you want to look yourself, here's the details...

12th Sept, 19.34pm, nuneaton, england, uk

Sharla

As Taurus was on my 2nd cusp, and taurus being a fixed sign and also the 2nd house being a succedent house, this showed that the phone was not going nowhere, it would be staying put until found.

Also as the 2nd house ruler venus was located in the 7th house of libra, and libra also being ruled by venus, then this showed that it could have been amongst soft furnishings, something musical, amongst jewellry....basically anything venus rules.

I found it in a chair, under a cushion (soft furnishings), and the chair was right next to the piano (something musical).

Venus was in a house on its own, so this showed that the phone was somewhere on its own and not amongst other things.

Ive also found in the chart, that the moon was at 28 deg, (void of course)in capricorn before it went into aquarius, so the moon was detriment in capricorn before it moved into aquarius, and when it moved into aquarius is when i found the phone......so it must have been moving o a better sign.

What moon in aquarius essential dignity, or isnt there one ?

Sharla

Also just to add my 7th house being ruled by libra and libra being a cardinal sign, and also the 7th house being in an angular house, this is what was also showing me being able to find it quite quickly....it took me two hours. And this took me to a time after moon was not in void of course.

Barleywine

I usually start with the significator for the lost item (most often the 2nd house ruler of small, moveable objects) or the ruler of the house related to the specific item (for example, 3rd house ruler for communication devices). If neither one seems to give good insights, the Moon is the general ruler of all lost items (as long as it isn't already used to represent the querent). I look at the house placement of the chosen significator (and secondarily at the sign), whether its above or below the horizon (visible or concealed - per Frawley, "If you can't see something, how can you find it?"), the direction suggested by the quadrant, essential and accidental dignities, and what kind of aspects and receptions, if any, it's making with the ruler of the 1st house and other significant planets. I haven't had to get much into more complex techniques like "turning the chart," but it's certainly an option I would use if needed. I learned early on not to try cramming any considerations from general (aka "natal") astrology into the mix, since it just confuses the issue.

Minderwiz

I think the chart was giving me some good clues though, as i ended up finding it in a chair in the front room on the lower level floor of the house, under a cushion my son had been sat on the whole time, and my son is the only person i live with.

If you want to look yourself, here's the details...

12th Sept, 19.34pm, nuneaton, england, uk

Well the chart has a late Ascendant, the Moon is Void of Course and also the Moon is slow. So it doesn't offer much prospect of finding it immediately.

Looking at the Moon's position it will be 22:34 before it moves into Aquarius and a chart can be safely cast. At that moment the Ascendant is at 18 degrees 54 Gemini, so we have a new Ascendant making your significator Mercury, which was still Retrograde at that time.

We have a readable chart and a significator for you, which is certainly in line with the there of communication. The phone could be symbolised by either the ruler of the second, or the ruler of the third, depending on whether it's primarily a piece of your movable property, for this reading or it's a primarily a communication device.

To read the chart we'd need a house system. I now use whole sign houses, but like many other horary readers, I used to use Regiomontanus, the house system used by Lilly. What house system did you use to cast your original chart

Sharla

Well the chart has a late Ascendant, the Moon is Void of Course and also the Moon is slow. So it doesn't offer much prospect of finding it immediately.

Looking at the Moon's position it will be 22:34 before it moves into Aquarius and a chart can be safely cast. At that moment the Ascendant is at 18 degrees 54 Gemini, so we have a new Ascendant making your significator Mercury, which was still Retrograde at that time.

We have a readable chart and a significator for you, which is certainly in line with the there of communication. The phone could be symbolised by either the ruler of the second, or the ruler of the third, depending on whether it's primarily a piece of your movable property, for this reading or it's a primarily a communication device.

To read the chart we'd need a house system. I now use whole sign houses, but like many other horary readers, I used to use Regiomontanus, the house system used by Lilly. What house system did you use to cast your original chart

I used the Regiomontanus, for some reason I don't like the whole houses system....I don't know why.

Minderwiz

I used the Regiomontanus, for some reason I don't like the whole houses system....I don't know why.

I only asked because I wanted to see how the question panned out once the Moon was active and I wanted to keep as close as possible to the original analysis.

Any house system will do, as long as you are comfortable with it. I use whole sign because I'm learning Hellenistic Astrology and it was the system they originally used for topical houses - that is where the chart is used to look at areas of life. Whole sign houses was also the first system used for horary but that doesn't mean it's the only system. At some point or other every house system has been used for horary.