Pyrite

suk

I first saw my brother using this crystal. I remember being drawn to it, but also repelled a bit, as though it wasn't what I wanted at the time. I associated it very much with strong masculine/yang energies, which my brother is the archetype of, in my view. He's extremely driven and confident in ways that I'm not. I've envied this in him, but also thought it a serious flaw in his character, that makes him thoughtless in many ways.

I give this background only because I felt that pyrite represented these energies and characteristics. I didn't feel that I needed or wanted them on an emotional level. (Although, rationally, maybe it was exactly what I needed.)

I picked up a 'pyrite moon' at a crystal shop the other day, listening to some inner voice that said I was ready now. It spent a couple of days on my altar, and I picked it up today while studying, as an extra boost to my concentration.

From the moment I picked it up, I felt it was cleansing me. I felt energised in my core, but very calm. I don't know if it has anything to do with the crystal, but my cat moved away from the study table (which is where he sleeps sometimes).

I took it to class, and I was so talkative there... It's not usual for me. It was designed as a tutorial, so interaction is encouraged, but most of the class was quite silent. I was focused, asked questions, and answered them. I must have come across as very studious.

For the first time in what feels like very long, I didn't care what anyone else thought of me. I was even a bit offended that the tutor didn't let me speak when I wasn't finished. After the class, I thought about how this new attitude would have helped me at times when I felt silenced by authority figures.

In sum, it was a truly empowering experience. I'd love to hear about others' experiences with this powerful little stone.

I'm attaching a picture of my 'pyrite moon'. Does anyone know why it's called that?

Attachments

• 20160819_143949_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20160819_143949_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 300

Adriana

I cant answer your question, but just wanted to say it looks lovely!
Ive felt the same as you about pyrite, very masculine. So nice that you had such a good
Experience with it

suk

Thanks Adriana! Here is a link with more information about pyrite for those interested.

My search didn't come up with anything for pyrite moons, so I'm going to assume that it was labelled that because it looks a bit like moon rock might!

The page above says that it's protective against criticism and control, although it says that in relation to partners. I felt that quite strongly, even though it was with (male) authority figures.

Another thing I felt almost instantly was my throat becoming clearer. I have a strange sensation in my throat chakra most of the time, that it's very 'closed'. There's no medically observable condition related to it, but it doesn't feel right. It clears up in meditation temporarily, but never completely goes away. So this was a very interesting effect.

It's not a stone thats associated with the throat chakra, but I have observed (through meditation) that in my own case, my third chakra is tied in with my fifth or throat chakra. I think it has something to do with the fact that my confidence and sense of identity are connected to whether I'm expressing myself and my truth fully. And when I am, I naturally feel more confident and secure.

I'm really happy about this experience, because it wasn't something I was expecting with this stone. Although I'm not sure what I was expecting. I'm going to continue to work with it and keep posting my experiences here.