Scans of Burdel Majors

Rafaël

Burdel mania =;-)

Hi Burdel and TdM fans,

As YLM says: "only seekers are finders" and since you're so enthousiastic about how the Burdel tarot looks like, here's more of it:

JBurdel1.jpg

JBurdel2.jpg

ClBurdel1.jpg

ClBurdel2.jpg

from the excellent "Schweizer Spielkarten 2".

Enjoy it!
Rafaël

sapienza

Hi Rafaël. Thank you SO much for posting those scans. What a beautiful deck. I would absolutely LOVE a photo reproduction of that deck, but for now the scans, and my LS version, will have to do.

Thanks again :)

Rafaël

sharing

The pleasure is mine!
R.

shaveling

The Burdel is my favorite deck. I laid in a bunch of the old LS version before it went out of print. And I have the mini and the Universal as well. I prefer hilted swords, like having a directional pattern on the coins, and that left-handed Ace of Swords is one of my favorite features. Thanks for posting the scans.

sapienza

Just revisiting this thread and have enjoyed seeing these scans again. I do wonder though if there is anywhere on-line where you can see more scans of this deck? Also, does anyone know if there was a particular deck that Lo Scarabeo used to create their 'recreated' version? If so, I can't help wondering why they didn't do a photo-reproduction like they did with so many others in their 'ancient' series. This is just such a beautiful deck and it's a shame it's not discussed more. My ultimate tarot wish is to one day see a photo-reproduction of this deck....can you imagine? :)