Tarot Books For Beginners

Sophia77

I personally like any and all Rachael Pollack, Mary Greer and Sheilaa Hite ' s books.

3ill.yazi

The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot Ever, by Dusty White: off putting title IMO but offers a solid course of instruction in using the cards intuitively

Mystical origins of the Tarot, by Paul Huson: a great book on the tarot's history, and a good reminder to not get hung up on any particular card meanings, as it shows how they evolved.

78 degrees of wisdom, Rachel pollack: well written, great insights.

Complete guide to tarot reversals, Mary Greer: great help with reversals and meanings in general.

Also anything by Joan Bunning. You can basically get all the content of her book Learning the Tarot at her website.

Corvinesque

Psychic Tarot by Nancy Antenucci. The title put me off, at first, but this is such a great book for developing a reliance on one's own senses. Which, really, are the greatest teachers of all.

DamianStraton

I like Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom. Good meanings and excellent sample readings. I'm not aware of other books with great sample readings.

Nemia

Spiritual Tarot has sample readings - it was my first book and it was good. A very good explanation of their version of the CC. But if I had to pick one book only, Pollack's is better, deeper, wider.