Storing Tarot with Crystals

Shibiusa

Do you store your tarot decks with any crystal? Which one would you recommend? Do you have any tip for that?

I store my Mystic Faerie Tarot with a Rose Quartz (simply coincidence) and my Angel Tarot Cards with a clear Quartz (bought on purpose for it). Besides that, both are stored in a bag I bought (each one with its respective colour to be personalized). I have no idea if I'm doing it right, but I really care for my decks!

DDwarks

Crystals each have their own "purpose" but any crystal will do the job you want it to do. So Rose Quartz is fine depending on why you keep it with your cards in the first place. They need to be "activated", given a function. I'm assuming you are talking about cleansing and recharging here (?)
I don't use crystals for that purpose because then the crystals need to be cleansed and recharged themselves after a while. Double the work!
I just leave my cards on the windowsill on a full moon. Job done!
Smudging works good too x

Shibiusa

Crystals each have their own "purpose" but any crystal will do the job you want it to do. So Rose Quartz is fine depending on why you keep it with your cards in the first place. They need to be "activated", given a function. I'm assuming you are talking about cleansing and recharging here (?)
I don't use crystals for that purpose because then the crystals need to be cleansed and recharged themselves after a while. Double the work!
I just leave my cards on the windowsill on a full moon. Job done!
Smudging works good too x
Thank you for your input! Yes, I use crystals for that. I usually also recharge the crystals at the same time when I give them a moonlight bath, since they are always together in an organza bag. I don't do it every full moon, though, since I was hoping the crystal would help me keep my decks cleansed for longer periods of time.

Would you say that tarot decks need to be cleansed more often than the crystals (or the other way around)?

DDwarks

Thank you for your input! Yes, I use crystals for that. I usually also recharge the crystals at the same time when I give them a moonlight bath, since they are always together in an organza bag. I don't do it every full moon, though, since I was hoping the crystal would help me keep my decks cleansed for longer periods of time.

Would you say that tarot decks need to be cleansed more often than the crystals (or the other way around)?

That's a good question!
Crystals because of their function are "magic". The cleansing and recharging of them is highly recommended. I'm one of those people you can talk to them and I can tell you they pick up from the environment and from you. They get very easily saturated. I cleanse mine under every full moon and in between I bury them overnight in my garden. They love the earth! Some people use a plant pot too.
Tarot cards I smudge once in a while. When I smudge my house I smudge them too.
The reason I'm not so careful with them is because they are, unlike the crystals, a "useless tool" by themselves. They are not going to tell you anything unless you ask. They only pick up anything when you touch them. YOU are the magical object when it comes to cards.
I ground and "cleanse" myself every day.
I wouldn't touch my cards unless I was grounded and my hands clean (freshly washed). So the deck stays clean.
When done, I will cleanse myself again and check I'm still grounded. That's it.
It is a good idea to have a crystal near you when reading as sometimes it can get very heavy.
I use my Smokey and clear quartz a lot!
I bury them once a week and give them a soft recharge on full moon nights.
So for you, because you use crystals to cleanse your deck ( and what is going on with you/ others when you touch your cards!)I would say to cleanse them weekly for the decks you use heavily.
For the other decks (the rarely used ones) once every couple of months is more than enough.
Also don't forget, rose quartz hate too much day light! Fresh water, moon light or the earth is just fine for them . A moonlight bath sounds beautiful! x

Shibiusa

Oh, thank you so much! Your words really helped! And it makes sense... I think my decks were telling me to cleanse their quartz (and my other crystals, since I usually carry my crystal chakra bracelet on my left wrist and I have a tiny organza bag on my purse with other crystals). I couldn't "hear" my cards "calling" me lately :p
The full moon was already on friday here. Do you think it would be okay if I tried a cleanse and recharge tonight or should I wait for the next full moon?

DDwarks

Oh, thank you so much! Your words really helped! And it makes sense... I think my decks were telling me to cleanse their quartz (and my other crystals, since I usually carry my crystal chakra bracelet on my left wrist and I have a tiny organza bag on my purse with other crystals). I couldn't "hear" my cards "calling" me lately :p
The full moon was already on friday here. Do you think it would be okay if I tried a cleanse and recharge tonight or should I wait for the next full moon?

The crystals you carry on your body (bracelets/rings, pendants...) are fine if you wear them in the shower with you. Just visualise them being cleansed.
The rest I would say you can cleanse any time. It's too late for a full moon cleanse now obviously so I would say to put them in a plant pot or garden (if you have one).
If you can't do that, just give them a little bath overnight. You could even sprinkle some flower petals or fresh grass in the water! They would love that!
If you do the little bath once a week or twice a week depending on how much work they do for you, it doesn't matter if you miss the moon full.
If you don't miss the full moon, make sure they know it's an extra little treat from you x

Shibiusa

Oh, I see! Thank you so much for your help! Your info was really helpful! :D
So today is cleansing day for every crystal in this house, including the tarot's quartz xD The decks should be clean by now too. Tried sorting and shuffling yesterday and the readings today seemed really peaceful. I guess one day without the quartz won't harm them :p
Once again, thank you! :D

Krawof

Do you store your tarot decks with any crystal? Which one would you recommend? Do you have any tip for that?

I store my Mystic Faerie Tarot with a Rose Quartz (simply coincidence) and my Angel Tarot Cards with a clear Quartz (bought on purpose for it). Besides that, both are stored in a bag I bought (each one with its respective colour to be personalized). I have no idea if I'm doing it right, but I really care for my decks!

Hello there I store my deck with crystal. I used Quart, Amethyst and blood stone. Each stone have a different meaning to use but I think in general you can use a clear quart for all deck. I found 1 thread relate to this you can take a look at: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=122735

if I find anything more I will let you know :p

RiverRunsDeep

Great thread! I love choosing crystals to pair with my favorite decks. It might sound strange, but I don't choose the crystals based on their purpose. Instead, I choose them based on how they complement the mood and personality of the deck.

My Crystal Visions tarot has a pale pink heart-shaped rose quartz to match the feminine qualities of the deck. My Bohemian Gothic has a dark blue sodalite, which matches the moody, shadowy vibe of BG. And my Dame Darcy Mermaid has a brownish-golden agate that reminds me of sandy beaches.

As for cleansing, I practice Reiki, so holding the stones in my hands and sending energy into them is usually enough of a cleansing.