When will you meet your perfect match spread

Lula Jing

Hi bec, I'm glad you had reason to bump this thread... seeing as I have been bemoaning my single life of late - it looks a good one for me to try! :)

Thanks

Shy

HedgeWych

Very interesting! I'll have to try it soon!

:D

inarnah

I was wondering if anyone who has done the spread, has actually had any results with this yet...

Would be great to know..!!

bleu_bell

Another one to add to my journal :)

rwcarter

I used this spread a couple of nights ago for someone here at AT. Three of the eight cards were courts, which normally give me lots of problems, but in this case they made perfect sense in their particular positions, and I knew what they meant without having to refer to anything but myself. The two, six and eight of one of the Minor suits all appeared in the reading. In addition to the insights those cards provided in their own positions, I also saw the relation between them: when you subtract where the Querent needs to be from where the Querent currently is, the Querent will meet their perfect match.

I haven't gotten any feedback from my reading yet, so I don't know if I nailed it or completely blew it, but the spread pretty much read itself. When/if I get the feedback and if the Querent OKs it, I'll post the reading (minus names of course) and link to it from here.

Thanks for another great spread bec!

Rodney

Daiset

An interesting spread with a very interesting result... and one I'm not too happy about to be honest. I've been finding my new deck to be a whole lot easier to read than my previous two, but this is the first 'nasty' reading it's given... the first three cards were pretty spot on where I am now. The forth card was the eight of disks... and the three cards of where I need to be represent the sort of person I detest. I didn't go with the last card, however, as I haven't found a time frame method that works for me yet.

rwcarter

Daiset said:
and the three cards of where I need to be represent the sort of person I detest. I didn't go with the last card, however, as I haven't found a time frame method that works for me yet.
Don't want to get too far off-topic, but have you ever heard of the theory that the things you don't like in other people are actually aspects of yourself that you're not happy with? So maybe the cards weren't saying you need to become those things so much as you need to understand and reconcile within yourself why those things bother you?

If one of the cards said you should be more of a spendthrift but you're the type who believes in saving for a rainy day, then maybe the card isn't so much saying that you need to start spending money hand and foot, but that you need to realize that you can't take it with you and if you're depriving yourself of things you want then maybe you need to start allowing yourself to splurge on something for yourself say once a quarter.

If it's not too personal, post your reading, and I'll see what feedback I can give you.

HTH,
Rodney

indianstorm

nice spread--

so pleased with the existence of this spread-- thanks Bec-- going to take it for a spin and see what comes up-- will post it on the readings if it doesnt get too personal--

Stormy

Daiset

rwcarter said:
Don't want to get too far off-topic, but have you ever heard of the theory that...

Cut for post length.

Unfortunatley since I was just doing the reading quickly in front of my computer I neglected to record the results. Judgment was there as my mental state and a wands court card (think it was queen but don't quote me) for my emotional state, but it was a spur of the moment sort of thing.

I have heard of that theory, but speaking as a person who's usually good at shooting themselves down, I honestly don't see that much of any of the cards that came up as a negative side of my personality, there are a lot more things that come to mind when it's concerning things I hate about my own personality! :p

rcb30872

Thanks Rodney, it would be nice if you can post a link to your reading that you have done. I agree, the spread does kind of reads itself, I was quite amazed when I tried it out on the numerous people that I tried it out on when I first came up with the spread. When I first started developing the spreads, I had to have quite a few people to test it out on, to see what sort of results I got with it, and then I posted the actual spread in the Tarot Spread section. Quite frankly, the court cards I don't tend to have that much trouble with, because I don't subscribe to the theory that a court card actually relates to a particular person, I tend to read it as the characteristics that the particular court card embodies.

Daiset, I agree with Rodney! The things that you find annoying in other people are often things that you need to address in yourself, since that particular thing may be hidden, you would not be aware of its existence, it might be hidden among all the other inner merde, so to speak. Actually, I have been reading a book, and it says if there is one particular thing that say if you get really annoyed with people are selfish, like you have a thing about selfish people, maybe that represents the need for you to become a little bit more selfish yourself. I mean, it is nice to be selfless, and help people out, and all of that, but it comes at a price, if you are going around pleasing everyone else, how on earth can you please yourself? Like set some boundaries, learn to say no, and all of that.

Thanks indianstorm.

:love:

Bec