A Card a Day of Sacred Circle

Red Emma

Sacred Circle...Card a Day

Knight of cups:

Movement, the motto says. I hope so. And it's upright. I could use some hopefulness.

I see a handsome knight standing before a waterfall, holding a cup of celebration. A little otter pokes its head up out of the water to see what's going on. But what an orange tree is doing in Celtic-land, is hard to understand.

Probably it's not really an orange tree, but that's my first feeling. And having lived in Southern California for several years, if there's an orange tree, the sun's got to be shining there somewhere. A lot.

At first blush the whole scene is hopeful, and portends good things between the querant and the knight.

Actually, at second blush, too, except I read the LWB interpretation, and discovered that the otter was going to be killed and skinned so the knight will have water proof accruetrements.

With the approach of the weekend, my own young knight will be here from another city, a five hour drive away. I suspect that we will consider some unresolved issues. Therefore I really prefer the melding of the movement (in an upright card), the cup of celebration, and an inquisitive otter, sent by the Goddess, poking up to see if things are going well.

And this reminds me of a session in which I was hypnotised to seek out elements of a past life. As I was describing what I was seeing, it was hard for me to know whether the scenes were coming from my past or from my imagination.

I just don't want to be the otter.

Nitegoddess

March 12

I am feeling worn...
Fitting that I should draw the Page of Discs... health.
I have been pushing myself with work, school, and at home. Time to take a rest and just sit and relax today.

mj07

Five of Cups

this is a really beautiful image for something that generally stands for "regret". I think the fact the cups are so lovely and that the spilled pair are covered in flowers (what kind? why? must consult the book!) gives them an air of reverence. They are gone, but revered. The three remaining stand strong.

sharon

March 12 - High Priestess

Hi All,

I have been following the thread and pulling a card a day from my copy of this deck.

Today, the card was the high priestess - which is one of my favourites amongst the decks i own.

Nothing seemed really relevant to this today, but have just realised that a friend at work who shares an interest in tarot asked me whether i had bought my new deck into work, so that she could look at them after hearing me rave about them.

Thanks, starsongs.

A reading would no doubt have followed.

When i pulled it, i was also hoping that my copy of the Golden Tarot might arrive as i've been told its been shipped whilst i was at work.

Regards, Sharon.

starsongs

Card of the Day, Sacred Circle Tarot, March 12

The card I drew today is the Warrior, 8...

This looks like a pretty determined woman ready for anything.

Yesterday I was feeling a bit discouraged coz this bug I have isn't going away more quickly. Drawing this card felt a bit reassuring, like the power to get over it is there, and I need to tap it.

Also interesting is the mention of the badger and his knowledge of things that grow in the earth. I've been taking tumeric, ginger and honey today....seems fitting to draw this card (i forgot earlier)

Hi Sharon! *waves* good to see you here :D

13, had fun at the badger site yesterday lol! :D and now I draw it today!

*waves around the room*

starsongs

Phoenyx*

13 March 2004 - 7/Wands - Rivalry

This card brings up a question....unless the "club" in the figure's hand is a "wand", where is the 7th spear? There are 3 that are crossed over 3 more....Where is the 7th? This is making me wonder.

Edit to note: The six spears are crossed over the figure....I've noticed that the "rivalry" that its referring to, is a self-imposed rivalry I have with my father (who has been deceased for about 13 years now) and his achievements in life, since I am bound and determined to be better than even he was.

mj07

Six of Swords

AGAIN????

y'know how sometimes it seems like the cards are REALLY trying had to tell you something? in this case: get some quiet time to yourself! sheesh! talk about pounding a person over the head with it!

starsongs

Sacred Circle, March 13, The World Tree

..I do feel much better and on top of things today. There doesn't seem to be the need to fight anything..like yesterday..(The Warrior) just to go with the flow ...

feeling more solid like the great Oak tree. This sure is a beautiful card. I like the way its done. I can still see the World Dancer too. She is molded into the base of the trunk of the tree standing sideways with head tilted upward and arm raised toward the sun.

She can feel the suns energy warming her...

the successful end of a cycle of events...yep, I can say I am well now after being sick for over a week! Yippee! Indeed, a very relevant card for the day!

stasongs

Nitegoddess

March 13 .. 10 of Discs

Feeling better, after resting yesterday. I needed that.

10 of Discs - Tradition
I spent the morning reflecting my life and where I am today. So, I find it fitting I would pull such a card. I also had Moongold do a reading for me. Boy, I think the Spirit world is trying to tell me something today.

Have a beautiful Day:)

sharon

March 13 - 6 of Wands

Hi,

On first looking at the card, i thought the birds were swifts. However, on reading the book discovered they are swallows.

In the book, it says that "The swallow heralds a time of domestic harmony and stability".

The above is certainly true for me and i've just be to a healthy fair near where i live and had a massage and manicure - so am feeling very harmonious and destressed.

Regards, Sharon.