Doreen Virtue Decks changes and such

AnemoneRosie

Aaahhh, and that underscore! I can't even.

FLizarraga

That video is horrifying. Did they colour-coordinate on purpose? FLizarraga you totally nailed it on the hair, too. They're like some weird almost-Addam's Family, but not quite.

Actually, let's defend the Addams here. The Addams were in-your-face weird; they didn't care what you thought of them, and they mostly left other people alone. These two look like they want to entice you to a properly secluded place --where they can tear your apart in the dark...

prudence

That was pretty awful! Wow. How did they keep straight faces while saying all of that???

Did you all check out the comments underneath the video? Some gems in there.

devilkitty

That video is horrifying. Did they colour-coordinate on purpose? FLizarraga you totally nailed it on the hair, too. They're like some weird almost-Addam's Family, but not quite.

And, also, they don't even pronounce "tarot" properly! (Is this an American thing?) Like the word is so icky and scary that they just can't do it. I couldn't even make it to the funny parts :(

So how do they pronounce it? Tay-rot?

(Reading these posts, I don't think I want to subject myself to the actual video. Sounds like nightmare fuel.)

AnemoneRosie

Actually, let's defend the Addams here. The Addams were in-your-face weird; they didn't care what you thought of them, and they mostly left other people alone. These two look like they want to entice you to a properly secluded place --where they can tear your apart in the dark...

Hence "almost." Like it's what they're going for, but they can't quite get it together.

So how do they pronounce it? Tay-rot?

(Reading these posts, I don't think I want to subject myself to the actual video. Sounds like nightmare fuel.)

They pronounce it ta'ROE. Like they're hiding the first syllable and can't wait to get it off their tongues. Almost as if the poor dears are scared of it.

gregory

I figured that much, but irony is such a fine balancing act that for a moment I thought we had lost you... :p

Hay House production values are actually pretty impressive. I have all of Colette Baron Reid's decks (which are impressively good, especially the very first, the Enchanted Map) and... don't laugh at me... DV's own Angel Tarot Cards. (Yes, the one with all the unicorns and the Pegasus. Stop laughing!). All nice, solid boxes, good cardstock and decent gilding jobs.
I have that too. AND - I do have the Guardian Angels. I am a CO-LLECTOR :D

I have never read with it. It reduces me to giggles.

To be fair, by the way - a LOT of people say Ta-ROE. Including some well respected members here.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

The thread title has been changed to replace the abbreviation so everyone knows what's being discussed.

Carojulie

The thread title has been changed to replace the abbreviation so everyone knows what's being discussed.
So now I look like a fool for asking who DV is when her full name is in the title ! Thank you very much ! Ah :)