OOP tarot decks you MOST want to make a comeback or unpublished deck you'd like publi

nicky

Not all are actually published but here is some of my list ...

Little Window Tarot
Alabaster Tarot
Amun Ra Tarot
Heliodoro
Pamela's Portraits
Ra Horakhty Tarot
Shadow Tarot - Falorio

VioletEye

A girlfriend bought me an Oswald Wirth Tarot deck in about 1983, so it would have been the 1979 version. It has been remade since, but not very well. The Universal Wirth has redrawn the trumps. There is also a Golden version which has an ornate, distracting frame around each card.

In the edition of Wirth that I had there was a serious printing error with XVIIII Le Soleil where the two people under the sun had become washed out. Another problem was that with the coins and barons suits it was often hard to tell if a card was reversed. This did not worry me as I have always ignored reversals.

Essentially the 1979 Oswald Wirth was a trumps-only set: that is what I'd like to see reissued. the 22 trumps with a better-printed XVIIII.

the oswald wirth is probably something that you could keep an eye on ebay amd other sites for. i see it sometimes, but it's usually not the trumps-only version...

My wife found my own deck about 10 years ago and even though she didn't know where I got it she threw it away. She threw away all my decks.😢

oh, wow. that's awful. :(

rylla

I second the Little Window Tarot. My favorite Death card ever...

Luna's Crone

I second the Little Window Tarot. My favorite Death card ever...

i love death cards, but never saw that one. never heard of the deck. Any links anyone?

MrsOnePotato

Thanks nicky and rylla!
I'm happy to report that NoPotato Press (http://nopotatopress.wordpress.com) has expressed an interest in publishing the Little Window Tarot! ;)

i love death cards, but never saw that one. never heard of the deck. Any links anyone?

Luna's Crone, some of the images (including the Death card) can be found here: https://carolwolfartist.shutterfly.com/pictures/19
I've since completed the 22 Trumps, added typography, and just finished two title cards in preparation for going to press sometime in the next few months.

Thanks all for your encouragement!

ram

Currently the main deck I want to see re-published in another edition is the Tarot of the Crone. I've admired it for months but waited too long to purchase it and now it's no longer available online, from what I can see (someone please tell me I'm wrong :D)

I waited too long on The Crone also. These pages Ellen has up are just great in the meantime i think :D Wish I had not postponed on that deck tho.

http://www.croneways.com/tarot.html

Watch eBay! I love Tarot of the Crone and everything ELP does. She's working on "The Celtic Goddess Tarot" with Ms. Weatherstone. But I missed the printings of Tarot of the Crone and one day checked eBay, there it was for sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little_Bear

Collective Tarot!!! For sure.
Rumi.

And my absolute wildest dream, Vertigo........

For the love of god will they just re-print the Collective Tarot? There were rumblings and now radio silence. It's so frustrating! Lord knows enough people want a copy.
:(

Nickigirl

Definitely the Greenwood because I'd get another copy in a second. But it would have to preserve the size, card stock, and especially the tone/colour/luminance of the original printing!
Well, I'd get a smaller one too but the actual size is perfect to see the artwork.
Also the Magnus Veritas which was OOP before it came to my attention. I think I'd like the long narrow shape and the images intrigue me! 😊

IHeartRescues

Tarot of the Origins (LS)

I thought it would be around a long time, and so I waited.

LO SCARABEO: Please....BRING IT BACK TO LIFE

rif

Not all are actually published but here is some of my list ...

Shadow Tarot - Falorio

I just came across an edition of that deck at gamecrafter a couple days ago, so if you're interested I guess you have an option. :)