Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

CharlotteK

On Amazon France there are 3 sizes : regular, pocket & mini. The orange one is the pocket size apparently

Oh!! Well that's not necessarily a bad thing... I suppose... Lol.

Edit: I guess the "im Pocketformat" was possibly a clue?

agviz

On Amazon France there are 3 sizes : regular, pocket & mini. The orange one is the pocket size apparently

I'm confused about the sizes. On Amazon US, the orange box has dimensions very close to the smaller of the two white boxes.

CharlotteK

I'm confused about the sizes. On Amazon US, the orange box has dimensions very close to the smaller of the two white boxes.

ON UK Amazon

Orange / Pocket size - 10 x 2.5 x 13.2 cm

White / Standard size - 8 x 3.5 x 12.9 cm

Hmmmm... I'm confused too. What makes the orange one 'pocket' I wonder?.

Philippe

Miniformat: 4,4 x 7,4 cm released on October 15th

Pocketformat: 5,7 x 8,9 cm orange box

Standardformat: 7,0 x 12,0 cm white box

Wheel of Fantastic

The one I have is the regular size in the 2 piece box, as shown on Amazon UK and Amazon Germany. The top of the box is white, the rest is orange.

Having translated some of the text on the back of the box ( thanks Google!) this deck is supposed to reproduce the original lithographic subdued colouring and backs of the 1909 deck.

Apparently the crackle back is officially known as the Brown Pebble design. So now we know!

CharlotteK

I believe I have definitely ordered the pocketformat with orange top. Excited to see what turns up in the post!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

agviz

Thank you both for posting the various sizes.

Laura Borealis

Having translated some of the text on the back of the box ( thanks Google!) this deck is supposed to reproduce the original lithographic subdued colouring and backs of the 1909 deck.

My interest has intensified...

Abrac

Interested indeed. Hopefully some pics will get posted. The ones I've seen online so far are pretty low quality, and with so may versions it's hard to tell what you'll end up with.

FLizarraga

Yes, the Amazon US listings are not very clear. This one shows an orange box; this other one, a white box with the same dimensions, but a different weight (9.9 ounces instead of 6.4 oz like the previous one); and the Giant does show very large dimensions, 4.4 x 1.6 x 7.2 inches. (Sorry, rest of the world; we Americans are still living in the 1800s as far as measurements are concerned.)

The Giant listing shows its ISBN numbers, whereas the other two listings only show ASIN numbers (Amazon Standard Identification Numbers). So basically, the only way we can know what we're buying on Amazon US is if we buy the Giant. (Which does not guarantee we're actually getting it, but that's a different story.)