book on astro/tarot

deso

Is there a good book (or site) that helps one learn some profound (and not so profound) correlations between astrology and tarot?

purplelady

deso , I cannot think of any books or sites offhand that combine the 2 effectively, but I Know there must be something out there! You could do an online search. I just realized that I've always Really wanted to see someone create a tarot Based on astrology. Now , I know many decks put an astrological and/or planetary symbol on the cards , especially the majors, or in other ways incorporate astrology. But I would love a deck who's main focus was astrology, BUT was still a regular 78 card tarot deck.Maybe one of the people who said they are or want to create a deck can use this idea?

JC

That's one of the ideas I've had. But I've noticed that not all of my opinions are shared by others; for instance, I genuinely get a Uranus feeling from the Tower, in the "pop culture" sense of chaos breaking out all over the place, but most people correlate it with Mars. In turn, I liken Mars to the Emporer, because that planet's "masculine" energy seems like a good compliment to Venus for the Empress. (Maybe Mars trine Jupiter is a good way to describe the feeling.)

Another problem I'm having is that I'd like to use comparitive mythology in my deck also, AND runes, PROBABLY some Qabbalah, and MAYBE the I Ching - all things that I'm just beginning to study. I'll most likely end up creating several decks, one for each "theme", and then meditate on how to combine them into a final magnum opus.

MeeWah

JC: I've always associated Mars with The Emperor for the same reason.
I can see associating Uranus with The Tower, as Uranus precipitates changes which can be drastic, even revolutionary.
The Ancient Egyptian Tarot by Clive Barrett is supposed to be based on the Qaballah. It has the astrological sign of Aries associated with The Emperor, rather than the planet Mars; however, Mars is the ruling planet of Aries. & has Mars is associated with The Tower.
The accompanying book to the deck lists the minor arcana with astrological associations. Offhand, it's the only book I can think of that includes this.