Celtic Cross

Noubaguy

Would the celtic cross spread be appropiate to answer ANY QUESTION? Or is it better for a certain type of question over the other? Also I wonder just how often this spread is used. Is there a better "GENERAL" spread to use?

Centaur

Noubaguy,

When performing a reading for a querent, I usually begin with a Celtic Cross spread, in order to provide a general overview the client's life; his or her current situation, past, and future. So, personally, I use the Celtic Cross spread for general purposes. Sometimes I vary this spread in order to suit the querent's 'queries', HEHE, i.e. For instance, if the querent wishes to find out about his or her romantic life, then I will tailor the Celtic Cross spread in order to deal with issues romantic ;) And the same for career, etc.

For more specific queries and questions, I have a number of spreads which I use. Most often I work with a five card spread. I ask the client to draw five cards to symbolise current situations, current expectations, unconscious influences, short term future, and long-term future. I then ask the client to expand on these by picking five more cards. And then five more.

C

Trogon

Howdy Noubaguy,

I tend to use a 5-card Past-Present-Future spread for most questions or for general readings. When a person comes to me with a problem or question which requires a more in-depth look, I'll use the Celtic Cross. In other words, I feel that, for me anyway, the CC is the spread I'll use when I need to really look deep into a problem, it's root causes, affects and solutions for a client.

Hope this helps...

Noubaguy

Thanks for your input Centaur and Trogon :)

Trogon

You're very welcome Noubaguy. Also, as far as the Celtic Cross spread goes, you might want to take a look at the "Your personal version of the Celtic Cross" thread if you haven't already. You might get some ideas for redesigning your CC spread if you're having trouble with it. I know I had trouble with it until I redesigned it after that thread was started.

HOLMES

ah

the cetlic cross can be used for any situation, it is up to you to transpose the meanings to apply it to the situation.

to open up a reading when i do it live.
i generally go with the chakras .
for if it is a person who has never been read before , the chakra gives the reader a chance to
1. build a rapport
2. tell the person what is goingon in the spiritual, mental, expresion, heart, will center, creative force, and root center of their lives.
3. i have moved to three cards a center. as to get in depth and to provide a story aspect to my reading.