Knights- what's their message?

Lady Maria

Hello!

Today for my card of the day I chose Knight of Cups rx.
Then I had a question about work: Kight of Wands
Then a question about a potential move: Knight of Swords rx

I realized that maybe these aren't directly related to my questions, but are trying to tell me something else...

I've gathered that knights can be excentric in their suits, and represent young adults/teenagers, perhaps a little unbalanced? But I get the feeling there's something else here...

I'd like to know how others view knights.
What do they represent to you?

Blessings, Maria

Dwaas

The knights represent different kind of people to me.
First I think they are young men and women, maybe even still adolescents, with a certain talent for what the card represents. For example: a knight of wands could represent a young person with the urge to get to action, to create etc. The talent is present but still needs to be finetuned. That does NEVER imply to me "unbalanced". Just not mature, not yet a master. It is always a very promising talent.

And so the knights do not only represent young people but also adults, who are trying to master certain skills.

Anyway, the knight, shown as a man does not need to represent a man, it could be a woman to, and vice versa. Age also does not matter so much to me, I found that the knights fit to a lot of adults too.

It even happens that I recognize situations and so not persons in the knights (and the other court cards). These cards could also represent learning processes, or situations where blossoming is expected (darn English, I'm sure this sounds stupid ;) )
I better stop, so far my humble opinion.

Blessings

PlatinumDove

Well, Knights for me represent moving forward, or not moving forward, as with the Knight of Cups. I had a reading with a Knight of Cups as the card drawn (I do alot of one card readings), and the message I got out of it was that the person was over-evaluating their emotions too much and not doing anything about them.

Moonbow

I see Knights as serving their Queen or King and therefore they have enthusiasm as well as responsibility. Sometimes the service is one of action as in the Knight of Swords or Wands and other times it may be that the service is of loyalty and patience.

This of course can also refer to a trait and not necessarily a person so for example the Knight of Swords rx could be showing you that the move is risky or a little rash. On the other hand it could be pointing out a person who is a little over enthusiastic and not thinking things through. You would have to decide on which would apply of course, and read the card in relation to others in the spread.... this is where your intuition would come in.

Ace

Knights can be messagers-delivering or receiving. But Kn of Wands is definitly news about work coming-or that you need to talk to someone, depending on your question. The Kn of Swords, indicates to me hesitation, the Kn of Cups Rx is probably miscommunication. So, definitely speak up at work (IMHO!)
Ace

Lady Maria

Moonbow* said:
I see Knights as serving their Queen or King and therefore they have enthusiasm as well as responsibility. Sometimes the service is one of action as in the Knight of Swords or Wands and other times it may be that the service is of loyalty and patience.

What an interesting way of looking at these! That definately applies to my spiritual path... which has to do with the question of the move.

I only drew one card for that, so I'll have to do a larger spread and see what the Knight of Swords means for me.

I'm surprized that no one views the Knights as being excentric or excessive with their suit qualities. I had got this idea from Joan Bunnings book, and have not had enough experience with them myself to know what they mean to me yet.

Dwaas* said:
The talent is present but still needs to be finetuned. That does NEVER imply to me "unbalanced". Just not mature, not yet a master. It is always a very promising talent.

And so the knights do not only represent young people but also adults, who are trying to master certain skills..

Thank you for sharing this, Dwaas. This is also applicable to my spiritual path.

And PlatinumDove (love your name!) just to clarify, you find all knights to be progressing with their lives in a possitive way, except for the knight of cups who may wallow too much in emotion? I understand it's probably different depending on the reading, but it's nice to have a bit of a base to start.

Thank you all for your replies!

Maria

PlatinumDove

Well, it depends on what I see in the reading, there is a forward movement there (or lack thereof sometimes if it is Rx or its the cups ;)), but forward movement doesn't necessarily mean positive. You can move forward in your life, but it doesn't mean you're moving in the right direction.

belly dancer

Knights are often hard to interpret for me.
I understand that court cards are often represent people but what if I have absolutely no teenagers in my life, no one that these knights could represent?

I'd rather look at it as movements and changes.
Only the knight of cups make sense to me - I usually get the feeling that the changes are emotional and the person it applies to is about to make a big step - emotionally.The changes are not really hapening to him but he's deciding on it. Just like in the picture the horse is standing in front of the river, about to cross it - it feels that the person is getting across a big emotinal obstacle or hurdle.

Am I reading it right?

On the other hand the knight of pentacles - I don't get it.

firemaiden

I don't link knights with teenagers. Pages, maybe, but knights - no, these would be fully grown men, sturdy... with rippling muscles... burly, with chest hair, clanking chain metal, stirrups, and a strong, big ol' horse.

If we have to attach ages to the court people, for me, these would be men, in the prime of life.

I would normally associate them with actual people.

earth en lady

I also have found that the knights are the energy being used..ie
Knight of Swords -communication
Wands -energy and passion
Pentacles-slow and steady
Cups -romance and love
I think as well because the knights are so Active you can really see the consequences of their actions in your life.I think they are very focused on their goals and are great advice cards .