Every card reversed

psychic sue

If the first card was reversed, he probably gave you back the pack upside down. If this happens, I turn the pack around and read upright.

caridwen

If all/most of the cards are reversed I read that as changes, transitions, a time of settling after a major change etc Depends on cards and question:)

catti

According to some , if every card is reversed then the deck must have been reversed???
And when you make it "correct" by putting it upright; now you have every card upright...isnt that just as odd?

Unless you are shuffling to explicitly make certain there is never ever any chance of ever reversing anything....to modify a reading because everything is reversed doesnt make sense to me.

I really believe in taking the cards you are given. To me that is the whole point of the excersize. Otherwise we might as well keep asking and throwing until we get the answer we want to see.

Ace

sharpchick said:
Every single card in the spread was reversed. (I always read the card in the #2 position as upright, so I did for this spread too.) From the question I had been given, which we worked on together after we talked, I knew that he was deeply troubled about something that was having a major impact on his question. There were three trumps, The Moon (#5), The Devil (#7) and the Wheel of Fortune (#10).

When I turned the cards over, the first thought that slapped me in the face was, "Whoa, all the energy has been sucked out of him." I asked him if he was having trouble concentrating, sleeping, enjoying hobbies, etc., and he said yes. I was sorely tempted to sweep the whole spread up and start over, but he has been very skeptical about tarot, and I felt like he'd see that as a sign that 1) the world was coming to an end, or 2) he was right all along and the cards couldn't really tell him anything.

Every card reversed as others have said, means that he does not want to see reality at all. he is saying, Not this, not that, not whatever! And it isn't all bad. The Devil Rx is good, he is dumping a lot of old anger and trouble. The Moon Rx, says that (depending on the position) he is trying to see something realistically. The desire to scoop them all up and lay out again may have to do with the fact that his pain was pretty overwhelming.

But also, he was trying to prove the tarot was a fake. SO it was all NOT this, not that, when in reality it may have been. He was having trouble sleeping and stuff: classic symptoms of depression. Maybe one way to look at these cards (in this case only, since other times the Reversed card is what you want) is to read them both ways, reversed and see what the message is and up right and see the message. One is the message he wants to be true. the other is the message that is there for him. Which is which? you figure it out.

Anyway, that is my thoughts!
Ace

sharpchick

Thanks for all the responses. . .