want to learn Tarot lol

Brunky

I want to know whats a good tarot deck? I want to know what should I buy since I'm a newbie?

Silverwitch

What deck you go with is up to your taste and religion, your lifes views alot of things. Check out the decks on this site there are alot that you can look at and than you can deside what you want to buy.Good luck
Ps it is an old belief that you should never buy your own deck, it is su'post to be a gift to you. Take that as you will alot of us dont belive in that any more, some still do, to each there own.
PPSS post questions like this in the form about tarot questions.

witchpatcher

Brunky said:
I want to know whats a good tarot deck? I want to know what should I buy since I'm a newbie?

There are so many tarot decks available, it can be confusing sometimes. I would recommend getting the classic Rider-Waite or a deck similar to it for learning.

Of course, it helps to go to a store or website like this one in which you can see samples of the cards to get a feel for the deck. If you like it or feel drawn to it, that's probably your deck.

Rosanne

Hi Brunky, Welcome to the Forum. If you take your mouse to the icon Decks and Click- you will see where can list the decks with a few scans of cards and sometimes a review. Very roughly there are a dozen or so members of the Tarot family. There are Historical reproductions/Tarot De Marseilles/Thoth/Rider Waite Smith just to name a few. There have been many very popular Decks created from 1900 to today. In Europe it seems the Tarot de Marseilles is the most used and in the The New World since 1910 Rider Waite Smith is the most purchased. Most books in English are Rider Waite Based- but you can go on that amazing journey for yourself. This forum has much to reccommend it- the learning, sharing, and all the resources are amazing. Enjoy browsing the Decks and choosing one for your self- then go buy or receive which ever comes first :D ~Rosanne

tao51

Welcome to AT. There are so many decks out there. I would recommend Rider-Waite or one based on them. It is a good place to start.

Rachey

Hi and welcome :)

I agree with everyone else the Rider-Waite deck is a great one to start with

PlatinumDove

Welcome, I would also suggest the Rider Waite or a clone of it for a beginner.

light2000

Hello nad welcome Brunky !!

Nice to meet you.

Since you are a beginer maybe the RWS is the right for you.

hannahma

sharman-caselli is the one

I didn't get anywhere until I got the Sharman-Caselli tarot and book for beginners. Absolutely great, and when you have learned the minors you can immediately call them to mind with any deck. It's very like the Rider-Waite but the book is so useful that it would be even better for a beginner.

HudsonGray

Hi Brunky,

If you're thinking of the Rider Waite styles, here's a page that can help, it compares all the RW types and their clones (interchangeable to a certain degree), and you can get a visual look at them. Sometimes the art is the final clincher for which deck you REALLY like and want to get. They're not all identical but they're similar in meaning.

http://www.advancenet.net/~jscole/tarotrwsclone.htm