Help!!!!!!!!!

Oli

hi , i finally got my 1st deck today. Gilded tarot and on the box it says
to protect the cards with runes etc or get a protective oak box
and it goes on cant remember the rest
and so i was wondering do you have to wrap them in silk and protect them with spell s and stuff or is it just a suggestion or what
please help !!!

earth en lady

Hi Oli :)
I think you just do what feels right for you ,try sitting with the cards close ,pick them up ,play around ,shuffle look at them and I am sure you will get to know what feels right :)

Oli

Hey thanks
I was getting worried for a moment then No idea what sort of runes and stuff i was gonna have to put on there but then ima newbie what dyu expect lol

UniversalSeeker

I keep my in their original boxes and each time I take them out I shuffle a few times with the intent that they are fresh and clean and will work with me on only the highest plane.

UniversalSeeker

Citrin

Yeah, take a deep breath and just calmly look at your new cards. You will feel yourself what is the best thing to do. :) I've never used special cloths, boxes, runes or whatever... Instead I figured out that crystals are my thing, and they can sometimes make my tarot experience even 'higher' so to speak.

I'm sure you can be fine with your own relationship with your cards, if I can. :)

Lillie

You can do what ever you like with them.

Everyone has their own way of keeping their cards.

I have got some of mine in a bright red plastic box. Some others are in a paper bag.

They just say stuff like oak boxes and runes and spells to make the cards seem extra 'witchy' and attractivley arcane.

Either that, or it is to do your head in while you try to get the right stuff.

If I ever create a deck I am going to insist that all buyers keep it in a white cardboard shoe box that used to contain a pair of Red, childs size 6, T bar sandles. and that within the box it must be wrapped in a pair of your dads old socks and sprinkeld with rainbow peppercorns while singing the old 'shake and vac' advert song.

That shoud either tell everyone that I'm joking, or really do their heads in.

Princess_Lucy

Lillie said:
If I ever create a deck I am going to insist that all buyers keep it in a white cardboard shoe box that used to contain a pair of Red, childs size 6, T bar sandles. and that within the box it must be wrapped in a pair of your dads old socks and sprinkeld with rainbow peppercorns while singing the old 'shake and vac' advert song.

ROFLMAO!!! Don't ya just looooooove ritual })

Dream Healer

I usually will see if I can find a $2 wooden box to store them in. I figure free cigar boxes from the local cigar store are good enough, provided you can find a not too large one.

I think the whole silk sheet thing is so that they do not pick up vibrations. In which case a metal box should probably be best. But metal may be too "cold," so if you can, line the inside of the box with wood. hmmm. now there's an idea... It would probably have to be stored near a water fountain, though. :D Then you could wrap the cards in a red cloth to symbolise fire. That should represent the four elements.

If you come to think about it, how many people here smudge their cards with incense? I know that I do. I find an ironing board to be perfect for this.

Just don't leave the cards near a tv or radio set. :D