The Bohemian Gothic Tarot

morticia monroe

6 Haunted Days said:
Why is it sad?
Personally I don't see anything wrong with selling an OOP higher than what it went for or you paid for it.

I have to agree with that. I mean hey, the guy (gal) can ask a million dollars for it if they want to, it doesn't mean you have to buy it.

bershka

morticia monroe said:
I have to agree with that. I mean hey, the guy (gal) can ask a million dollars for it if they want to, it doesn't mean you have to buy it.

I understand, but in my opinion, I still think it's being greedy to start at such a high bid.

Unfortunately, we live in a world where everything is ruled by money and material needs... it's the norm of the society and whether it's right or wrong, it doesn't matter.

morticia monroe

bershka said:
I understand, but in my opinion, I still think it's being greedy to start at such a high bid.

Unfortunately, we live in a world where everything is ruled by money and material needs... it's the norm of the society and whether it's right or wrong, it doesn't matter.

I also have to agree with THAT> I'd rather give a deck away than charge someone a ridiculous amount for something I obviously don't want anyway. I understand collecting if you love decks and tarot, but to run out and buy them just so you can turn around and make a profit is not the kind of karma I want to collect.

And I also agree that the "too much is never enough" theory is getting out of hand.

I forgot to mention that really, we have no idea whether this person is a dollar-monger, or if this is their livelihood. So I guess I just won't judge..

But I know a lot of stingy, petty people, and where a dollar is concerned, you'll never make them see it. :( Nothing you can do but let them roll,,, The principle is wrong, but they are within their rights. And eventually, someone is glad to pay for it, and maybe even feel that they got a bargain. Thank goodness I only have to answer for my own soul (and I already have plenty of explaining to do).

bershka

morticia monroe said:
I also have to agree with THAT> I'd rather give a deck away than charge someone a ridiculous amount for something I obviously don't want anyway. I understand collecting if you love decks and tarot, but to run out and buy them just so you can turn around and make a profit is not the kind of karma I want to collect.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

That's exactly what I was trying to say... we must have communicated telepathically so you can get my darn words out :D :D