Crystal Study Group: Citrine

greenandroses

f9bfdd81244988fba4e650f480ad7953.jpg

Pretty cool i found a thread on this stone!
I received citrine today! Well yesterday but this morning i cleaned it off and now im in the bed just holding and looking at it. Hmmm how do i feel while holding it in my hand? Peaceful and calm. I feel "together". Especially my mind, which is new to me especially since my mind runs like a thousand thoughts per minute. My mind is literally quiet right now. And i feel so calm. Calming is good for me because man i don't know how to be calm and i get angry so fast or annoyed so quickly. This is such a great feeling. I need it in my life forever. I think im in love haha. No seriously, i wish i could make this as a necklace or something but im no arts and craft kinda girl.

suk

Greenandroses, that's a beautiful piece! I would encourage you to get some craft wire to play with, because it's surprisingly easy to make a pendant out of a stone. If you don't like how it looks, you can just snip it off. You can get cheap wire here at dollar stores and places like that.

Adriana

Just wanted to say thanks to the person that posted the link to youtube vids on the common variety of citrine that is actually heathed amethyst.
I knew they did this, but didn't know most citrines sold are like that :O I have a couple of pieces of "citrine", the heathed amethyst variety that make up most of the citrine in shops. But today I got a real one, compared to the others its colors are not so bright. I did ask the crystal lady and she told me this one is real, they had the others there too.

So cant wait to start to work with this one, its energy is sooo much calmer than the flashier variety :) But I enjoy the others too, they look very good.

Does it look like real citrine to you guys?

greenandroses

Greenandroses, that's a beautiful piece! I would encourage you to get some craft wire to play with, because it's surprisingly easy to make a pendant out of a stone. If you don't like how it looks, you can just snip it off. You can get cheap wire here at dollar stores and places like that.
Ok I will try to get some craft wire. Hopefully I do it right! And thank you! I enjoy it! Everytime I touch it I feel so calm I thought it would give me a burst of energy or something tho. But nope not yet anyways. Just makes me feel calm and sometimes ideas come to me. Like the other day I found myself wanting to write a story, all of these ideas came to me. It's been a while since I even wanted to write. I used to want to be a writer at some point but then I just put it to the back of mind and focused on my 2 year old and 6 year old.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

greenandroses

Just wanted to say thanks to the person that posted the link to youtube vids on the common variety of citrine that is actually heathed amethyst.
I knew they did this, but didn't know most citrines sold are like that :O I have a couple of pieces of "citrine", the heathed amethyst variety that make up most of the citrine in shops. But today I got a real one, compared to the others its colors are not so bright. I did ask the crystal lady and she told me this one is real, they had the others there too.

So cant wait to start to work with this one, its energy is sooo much calmer than the flashier variety :) But I enjoy the others too, they look very good.

Does it look like real citrine to you guys?

It looks real to me! But I am no expert at all so you might not want my opinion lol. That citrine is beautiful! So you feel calm too while holding citrine? Cool we have one similar experience so far. I love holding the citrine it really makes me feel peaceful.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Padma

Adriana, yes, that piece is not heat treated amethyst :) you have a "real" one on your hands!
The two crystals are of the same family, though, as is smoky quartz. And in fact I believe you can get all three, along with a few others, inside one crystal called "Melody's stone" or Super Seven, its other name.

GreenandRoses, that is a lovely piece of citrine you have there! It looks as though there is a butterfly inside it. Citrine actually is quite calming, and provides a sustainable, reliable energy stream as opposed to a big dynamite burst of it. It also relates to the navel or solar plexus chakra, or energy centre, in your body - and so it would indeed stimulate creativity.

It is a stone of abundance, and so it tends to make you into a bit of a magnet for whatever it is you need. It is also known as the banker's stone, and store owners back in the day would put some citrine in their cash boxes, to attract money to themselves. :) Enjoy your stone!