Cartomancy Daily Draw Thread

Sword King

I'm creating this thread for my own use, but any- and everyone else is welcome. I'd like to keep it to the so-called cartomantic, near-playing card traditions of Sibillas, Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards, Kippers and the like. Lenormands, modern oracles, and tarot already have their place on the forums.

I plan on using the title bar/subject line to note what deck I'm using, and I'm asking anyone/everyone else to do the same.

Thanks, and I hope to see some other ATers joining in. :)

Sword King

Art Deco Fortune Telling Cards

For Friday:

Death + Young Man + Pride

These are mostly self-explanatory with Death being an ending or a NO; Young Man being a son, brother, or best friend; and Pride being, well, pride. My son hurt himself last night at baseball practice and ended up going to the ER (no broken bones), but I'll for sure keep my eye on him tomorrow.

ETA: Pic
ETA2: I forgot to add my initial interpretation! :rolleyes: I believe that my son (Young Man) will cancel a social event he has scheduled for tonight (Death) since he's walking with a limp (Pride).
ETA3: I received a call on my way to work this morning. My daughter (Young Man) had a bit of a showing (Pride) - a highly emotional showing - in which she expressed quite clearly the desire to rid herself of something that's been bothering her for some time (Death). The cards stood even if my interpretation was off. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Deco 101812.jpg
    Deco 101812.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 90

Sword King

Zigeuner Wahrsagekarten

For today (Sunday):

Zigeuner Wahrsagekarten

Money + Falseness + Anger

Interesting - a positive card (Money) followed by two negative ones. This looks like an argument over finances, perhaps caused by poor finances or something misleading.

ETA2: I figured this one out this (Monday) morning: my daughter expressed a lot of anger over something yesterday, and I proposed a solution that involved money. The falseness in the scenario was really about ignoring the 'elephant in the room' as the saying goes.

Attachments

• ZWK 102112.jpg
    ZWK 102112.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 75

kalliope

I misteri della Sibilla

I'm hoping to join you with these daily draws -- a couple of times a week, at least. :)

From the I misteri della Sibilla (the keywords below are translated from the cards themselves):

5/diamonds-Malinconia: Melancholy, sadness, litigation, disorder
2/spades-Vecchia signora: Old Woman; trip, visit
3/spades-Vedovo: Widower; departure , regret/mourning

Hrm. I'd say that it refers to being sad because someone who visits must leave, or that you regret their visit in the first place. I'm skipping the Old Woman and Widower meanings because they are less relevant to my daily life. We'll see!

ETA: After thinking about this, it may have referred to the fact that I spent all day moping (Melancholy) about not wanting leave (Widower) to drive out to a nearby farm (Old Woman) to pick up our reserved pasture-raised chickens. I really didn't feel like doing the errand!

ETA2: Just FYI, the "title" of the thread doesn't show up if you're using the Tapatalk forum app on a mobile device. So I've added the deck name both in the title and in the body of the post so everyone can see it.

Attachments

• MisteriSibillaOct21.jpg
    MisteriSibillaOct21.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 73

Sword King

Biedermeier Aufschlagkarten

I'm hoping to join you with these daily draws -- a couple of times a week, at least. :)

Yay! I've been alternating between this thread and one for Lenormand. Oh, and forgetting completely. :rolleyes:

ETA2: Just FYI, the "title" of the thread doesn't show up if you're using the Tapatalk forum app on a mobile device. So I've added the deck name both in the title and in the body of the post so everyone can see it.

Noted and great catch!

For tomorrow (Tuesday): Biedermeier Aufschlagkarten

Journey + Gift + Merriment

Okay, I need more gypsy fortune action like this! It seems pretty self-explanatory, as if I should look forward to a gift getaway of some sort. We shall see...

ETA: This turned out to be in reference to a text my wife sent regarding a vacation we are planning (Journey, Merriment) for next year and that we are going to give to the kids (Gift) for the holidays. I never even thought of that when I drew these cards, instead thinking that they would be about a sporting event that a supplier at work is going to take a bunch of us to. :p
ETA2: This is good - I received an email yesterday after I left work from the supplier about this upcoming event (Journey + Merriment) that they are taking us to (Gift). So my hunch was right after all, and the reading worked on both counts. :)

Attachments

• BA 102212.jpg
    BA 102212.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 77

kalliope

Sibilla Della Zingara & La Magica Sibilla (Mon. & Tues.)

Sibilla Della Zingara (Gypsy Oracle Cards) for Monday:

Reunion, Friend, Malady

I did have a short visit & reconciliation of sorts with someone with whom I had tension last week (Reunion/Friend). We brushed those tensions aside and moved on. But I'm not completely satisfied by where things are (an alternative meaning for Malady). OR, this could refer to the appointment (Reunion) I had with a new doctor (Friend/Malady) today.

La Magica Sibilla, pulled for tomorrow (Tuesday):

(I forgot to remove the female querent card (Lei), and she showed up, so I pulled one extra card.)

Dispiacere - Sorrow; bad news
Lei - Her
Malinconia - Melancholy; litigation
Speranza - Hope; trip

Boo on the gloomy reading! Either bad news relating to a trip, possibly legal news. Or, bad news that I'll be sad about, but there will still be a glimmer of hope about the issue.

Attachments

• SibillaZingaraOct22.jpg
    SibillaZingaraOct22.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 72
  • MagicaSibillaOct23.jpg
    MagicaSibillaOct23.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 77

kalliope

Well, I'm sad to say that my gloomy prediction for Tuesday was right on the money! I definitely had bad news that brought me sorrow and melancholy. :( Now I can only cross my fingers that my extra (4th) card of Hope will materialize somehow...

My draw for Wednesday was Servant/Melancholy/Female Friend. A messenger/suitor (Servant) will cause more melancholy, but there will either be some good news (Friend) or an actual friend that comes through today. The Servant card is the J:club:, and the person I think this referred to is symbolized by that card in another system I use. He did cause my melancholy mood today. The Friend card either refers to a surprisingly positive statement coming from that person, or more likely it was about the long and supportive conversation I had with a friend on the phone tonight.

Here's my drawing for Thursday:

2:diamond: Letter; gratification
7:diamond: Child; innocence
6:club: Surprise; success of a company

Communication/news (letter) of a new venture or project (child) that will unexpectedly turn out well (surprise). (OR news that a baby arrives early, but in good health)

Attachments

• 2012Oct24_Magica.jpg
    2012Oct24_Magica.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 2012Oct23_Magica.jpg
    2012Oct23_Magica.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 69

Sword King

Vera Sibilla (Everday Oracle)

I managed to pull a few cards this morning (Thursday) from the Vera Sibilla (or Everyday Oracle) before heading out:

9:spade: Prigione - Imprisonment: blockage, constraint, inability to act
J:club: Domestico - Servant: employee, helper, collaborator
7:heart: Letterato - Man of Letters: creativity, discovery, invention

This looks like something will happen at work where a colleague may be struggling with barriers to some creative endeavor.

ETA: This turned out to be a snafu at work in which a guy in research (Man of Letters) had material delivered to our site that hadn't been properly approved per health and safety requirements. I had to meet numerous people (Domestico) to put thing on hold (Imprisonment) until the proper channels were cleared.

Attachments

• VS 102512.JPG
    VS 102512.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 78

Sword King

Vera Sibilla Italiana

For tomorrow (Saturday) using the Vera Sibilla Italiana (Everyday Oracle):

8:diamond: La Donna de Servicio Maid: Housework, domesticity, help, errand
Q:heart: L'Amante Sweetheart: Significator, female significant other
10:club: La Leggerezza Lightness: Flightiness, recklessness, inconstancy

This is clearly about my wife (Sweetheart) and I know she's going to have a busy day tomorrow since I have a ton of work to do. I see this as her experiencing some understandable mood swings (Lightness) since she'll have quite a bit of shuttling kids around (Maid) solo.

kalliope

i Misteri della Sibilla

For Saturday w/ the i Misteri della Sibilla:

2:spade: Vecchia signora - Old Woman: trip, visit
3:spade: Vedovo - Widower: departure, regret/mourning
5:club: Fortuna - Fortune/Luck: triumphant success

I have to say that my plans for tomorrow are coloring my interpretation: I have a friend coming up to visit (Old Woman/visit) partly because I'm mourning (Widower) the end of a situation (I've actually used the word in conversation), and she's hoping to cheer me up. I'm looking forward to a great visit and enjoyable day (Fortune).

Attachments

• 2012oct27_misteriSibilla.jpg
    2012oct27_misteriSibilla.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 73