Cartomancers: What do you do with the Joker?

poivre

Yes...but it would work for the significator!
That way we wouldn't have to worry about what court
card to use, that would be others in your life and
the Joker for you!
So if a Joker came up in a reading, it would mean that
the reading was evolving around them personally.

Sometimes "it's not always about you"
would apply to a reading for some people.
Others would be that they should just be
aware of what is going on.

Still works joke or not! :laugh:

Phoenix Rising

I have recently included the Jokers in.
Red is significant/spiritual person or baby/child
Black is significant/spiritual event
It has been working wonderfully well. The Jokers are "out of the ordinary"

Sheri

I've been pulling them out. I have only been using the Hedgewytchery method and I didn't see anything about the Jokers, so I treated them like extra cards.

I really like hearing about how others use them, though. I might start making some changes to the method for my own use.

valeria

Phoenix Rising

valeria said:
I've been pulling them out. I have only been using the Hedgewytchery method and I didn't see anything about the Jokers, so I treated them like extra cards.

I really like hearing about how others use them, though. I might start making some changes to the method for my own use.

valeria

Hi Valeria
Oh and congratulations on being "new moderator" for oracle forum.
I was so pleased I included the Jokers in my method, it felt a little more complete.
I like the idea of using a joker for the significator. Although the method in which I use for reading court cards, 99% of the time, you know if it refers to the querent.

Sheri

Thanks Phoenix Rising :love:

I don't really work with Significators (even in Tarot - I never could figure out how to pick one), so this might be hitting two purposes with one card by learning to use the Joker in playing cards as one :)

So it's like a little Majors of 2 ~ that is cool!

Phoenix Rising

Actually..most of the time I've seen the Joker(red-person) to represent a baby or someones child..A small child would be very much a "joker" character.

Sheri

Ahh, I get it now!

brothermakarias

I never use the joker, though a reader in my aquaintance uses it to symbolize the dreams and wishes of the querent. I don't really think the joker should be interpreted as the Fool. In a sense, the Tarochi are a triune world, the minors (everyday arcanum), the majors (deep magic) , and the one unnumbered card, the Fool. To my mind, the Fool has no meaning outside the context of his two journeys, the journey through the physical plane (the minors) and his journey through the spiritual plane (the majors). If we are limiting our readings to the minors (if the joker is being treated as the Fool, I assume one is using the Tarot meanings as the basis for the reading), I think it best to let the querent take his (this is not to discriminate against females or those who have been neutered) own journey.

Phoenix Rising

I have recently just gone back to my little deck of playing cards after 10 months of neglecting them, I must say that now i have enjoyed using them again and created a BLOG just for the practise of them. It actually seems to gel together alot better now for some reason.

I have used 1 Joker to represent the querent, and the other joker to represent a "significant/spiritual person or event' depending what card it sits next too.This works alot better for me now.

Phoenix