the 42 card spread for World Towel Day

nisaba

gregory said:
Perhaps .......

the Power Animal

:bugeyed: :bugeyed: :bugeyed:
That's amazing!

You know, folks, I think Gregory just has, single-handedly, proved the presence of aliens on earth, beyond any possibility of argument at all!

gregory

nisaba said:
:bugeyed: :bugeyed: :bugeyed:
That's amazing!

You know, folks, I think Gregory just has, single-handedly, proved the presence of aliens on earth, beyond any possibility of argument at all!
Why THANK you...... That WOULD explain the deck :D })

SphinYote

I think I shall do this spread with the cards face up, and choose what would be most improbable for each position. :p

Now, where's a deck with a penguin in it...?

*Wanders off to find offerings to set on altar for a bit:*

A bowl of petunias to toss out window.
A plastic whale.
An edible spaceship to feed to a small dog.

Cat*

nisaba said:
Oh, the choices. I could just thrust my hands under the cover of my Tarot basket and grab the first wrapped deck that my fingers touch.
You surely meant to thrust your hands under your TOWEL, right? You wouldn't use any other cover for your tarot basket, right? Not in preparation for a day like this, right?

<gravely> I don't think it should be done. Terry Pratchett in the Discworld series had a character called Nanny Ogg, a rude, robust woman who used to sing tender little ballads like "The Wizard's Staff Has a Knob on the End" and "The Hedgehog Can Never Be Buggered At ALL".
<slightly huffed> I may not know all my Douglas Adams references to the satisfaction of Geeks Everywhere, but I do know my Pratchett witches, thank you very much.

(See, you did it again. Make me speak Nisabish.)

I still appreciate the reasoning. Then again, I never said you should write Vogon poetry. Just that I was waiting for your Vogon Poetry Spread. Which may just as well be about the best ways of protecting oneself from ever witnessing a reading/printing/online publishing of Vogon poetry. Or attempting to beat the Vogons in this discipline. There was only one human being who ever dared to do that, if accidentally: William Topaz McGonagall (no relations to Minerva). Which nicely closes the circle of Douglasian-Pratchettic thought, by the way, because he was the inspiration for the position of the gonnagle (= battle poet) among Pratchett's Nac Mac Feegle. Which I am explaining for whoever might not know that already.

So. What about that Vogon Poetry Spread? :D

SphinYote said:
I think I shall do this spread with the cards face up, and choose what would be most improbable for each position. :p

Now, where's a deck with a penguin in it...?
I barely dare say it, but (possibly)... The Power Animal?

Or that other deck Nisaba dug out from who-knows-where, with the three Olympic penguins. What was it called again?

nisaba

Cat* said:
You surely meant to thrust your hands under your TOWEL, right? You wouldn't use any other cover for your tarot basket, right? Not in preparation for a day like this, right?
<mortified look> The two Tarotistas who have actually been in my house recently can attest to teh fact that I keep (kept) my decks in a huge wicker basket with nothing else than a small, green ... towel over them. <blushing madly> More recently, because the TarotGarden quite inconsiderately threw more decks at me and they've started falling out, they've moved into a capacious ornamental seagrass box. Said towel doesn't cover them completely any more, and there is room to grow. So to speak.

Cat* said:
Just that I was waiting for your Vogon Poetry Spread. Which may just as well be about the best ways of protecting oneself from ever witnessing a reading/printing/online publishing of Vogon poetry. Or attempting to beat the Vogons in this discipline. There was only one human being who ever dared to do that, if accidentally: William Topaz McGonagall (no relations to Minerva). Which nicely closes the circle of Douglasian-Pratchettic thought, by the way, because he was the inspiration for the position of the gonnagle (= battle poet) among Pratchett's Nac Mac Feegle. Which I am explaining for whoever might not know that already.
:bugeyed: Wow. I need to look him up. Why didn't GreenMoonBeam ever quote him at me?

Cat* said:
So. What about that Vogon Poetry Spread? :D

I barely dare say it, but (possibly)... The Power Animal?

Or that other deck Nisaba dug out from who-knows-where, with the three Olympic penguins. What was it called again?

Er ... no Vogon spread. Just possibly if the Vogons invade further, a spread showing their conquest of space and how we can blow the planet up before they can get here to circumvent them blowing it up. Er ... just because certain people around here will buy *anything*, doesn't mean I will. No Power Animals for me! I sank low enough with the Wisdom of the Australian Animals oracle deck.

Olympic penguins??? Me???

Closest I get, I use to love a kids' show called the Angry Penguins, cruising around Gotham City on their motorbikes saving the world and drinking haddock milkshakes, but my kid grew up <sob> and the show isn't on TV any more <breaks down totally>.

Cat*

nisaba said:
<mortified look> The two Tarotistas who have actually been in my house recently can attest to teh fact that I keep (kept) my decks in a huge wicker basket with nothing else than a small, green ... towel over them. <blushing madly>
*snort* :laugh: I hope you're duly impressed by my mad remote viewing skillz!

More recently, because the TarotGarden quite inconsiderately threw more decks at me and they've started falling out, they've moved into a capacious ornamental seagrass box. Said towel doesn't cover them completely any more, and there is room to grow. So to speak.
I have just the solution for you:
1. Get thee a huge beach towel.
2. Fold in half.
3. Sew up sides next to fold.
4. Add your preferred method of closure.
5. Ta-dah! Instant Tarot Towel Sack, uh, Bag with room for covering up even more of your shopping sins! :D

:bugeyed: Wow. I need to look him up. Why didn't GreenMoonBeam ever quote him at me?
Try these for starters:
http://www.mcgonagall-online.org.uk/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McGonagall
Here's one in favor of "Women's Suffrage": http://www.mcgonagall-online.org.uk/poems/lpgsuffrage.htm

I'll leave it to you and GMB to work that lack of quoting out amongst yourselves. ;)

Olympic penguins??? Me???
I found them: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=115171
It was you who dug up that gem, right?

SphinYote

Where's my towel? I seem to have misplaced it.

Now my cards might get dirty. :(

*Panics, despite the good advice of the guide*

taffy78

I love this idea! I cant come up with any funny quotes that havent already been said tough.

Im a total beginner and havent really progressed past 3 card readings yet but as a life long Douglas Adams enthusiast Im thinking I might give this a go! Probably wont be able to make head nor tail of what the cards mean and I know for a fact that my mates are going to take the mick out of me for carrying a towel round all day but Im still going to do it!

Umbrae

In my opinion, the Fool's spoon, is the medieval equivalent of a towel. Me being who I am, always travel with a spork.

gregory

Sporks are no good for me - not even for camping. I need SHARP PRONGS. })