Mary Packard - Tarot de Marseille

Aeric

The Golden cloth is folded inside the black piece of carboard that fills out the remainder of space inside the box. I didn't notice it at all until a few months ago.

There is no cloth with Marseille, just cards and book.

FLizarraga

Gosh, that's true! I even keep it with the deck. Mind you, as much as I love this edition, I haven't used it in months and months. I tend to reach for my old Fabbri with the Devil I like the best.

Placebo Scotsman

Interesting contrast, Desecrated. Thanks for that. It looks like it has a softer, gentler line.

It is interesting that this is the second Madenié deck we have had. Perhaps this means that the tyranny of the Conver is over.

The Madenié facsimilie reproduction by Yves and Wilfried is probably the most ravishing TdM available. I am completely, utterly in love with this deck to the depth and breadth and height my Marseilles soul can reach! I shall definitely get this Packard set as I'm sure it wil be beautiful but I wonder whether I can be swayed away from the expressive jaggedness and peerings of the original.

I have three copies. Because it's the best! So I'm very curious about this version

I thought this would be the third, there was a cleaned up mini version released independently in Japan on a small scale, created mostly because the publisher wanted a deck that would fit comfortably in her hands

Inevitably somebody was bound to pounce on the work Yves and Wilfred did in bringing this deck to the worlds attention and push it in to the commercial mainstream

I would have wagered it would be LOS but I think Packard just saw its potential and beat them to the punch

Cesar

I ordered this deck as the Madenié is my very favorite Tarot. But I'm about to regret it as the scanned images show important distortions (I'm not really regretting it). For example, the bell that the Fool drops is not very clear in the Mary Packard version according to what we can see.
Any thoughts on this???

delizt

I ordered this deck as the Madenié is my very favorite Tarot.

Mine, as well, the edition by Yves is stunning beyond belief, but I ordered this and am awaiting it's arrival...I think I am more interested in the book perhaps but the images did seem a bit "off" from what I saw and was hoping it was just a computer/scanning issue

FLizarraga

Got mine today. Alas, no gold edges --no gold anywhere, in fact. More lamination that I'd like to see, although not blinding Schiffer lamination. With the muted colors, makes the cards look like the world's thinnest slabs of marble. Marble wafers of a sort.

Not bad at all. The cards and book are exactly the size of her Visconti Golden Tarot edition. Like Aeric observed, a little too big for the Madenie, and hard to shuffle one way or the other. I love the box --for some reason I can't recall the Visconti's. After tossing away the insert, it's perfect for storing Lenormand decks.... :)

MissChiff

I received mine today also...the cards are LARGE..

agviz

Too bad that the cards are so large. And why?

Patrick Booker

I bought it eventually - just been posted by Book Depository. Amazon UK are still giving it a release date of 12th November 2015.

Patrick

gregory

I found it in Toronto Indigo today so I picked it up.
LORD which one ? I looked in all of them for SOMETHING nice and Tarot and they were almost all Doreen stuff :(:(

I just ordered from bookdepository.