Stones for letting go of stress

GlitterNova

I'm a total newbie to stones and crystals, so maybe someone can give me some advice. I'm looking for stones that help a person release built-up stress and anxiety. Any suggestions?

greatdane

To relax, I like a small quartz crystal cluster I have

I lie down and put it on my Third Eye. I find very calming. You might try that. I know there are many stones, some like pink quartz and find that soothing.

Hemera

Aquamarine is like listening to the sound of the ocean. Very soothing and stress reducing. Another really good one is Howlite.

Abbas A Shah

Gems

I would suggest Amazonite: Amazonite is said to have a soothing effect on the nervous system. It improves confidence and helps calm emotional and mental turmoil.

Use Amazonite to alleviate stress and exhaustion and to promote courage of personal expression.

Amethyst: Amethyst has been a symbol of peace, purity and unification and can aid in bringing serenity and calmness. It is deemed “nature’s tranquilizer” by many healers.

Use amethyst to treat insomnia and promote peaceful and healing sleep. It is also commonly used to relieve headaches, nightmares, sugar imbalances and general edginess.

This gemstone is one of the most popular metaphysical healing stones and is also often used to overcome fears, stress and addictions.

You could also get your zodiac check and see what gems go with your birth sign.

Your own energy & mind also impacts the stone that you wear. Its a two way thing, flow of energy.

I've seen people wear stones for specific purposes, but later they complained they didn't see any good results, they felt somewhat the same.
So take your time, and see what gem your drawn to, check out its benefit, and wear the gem ur drawn to. Chances are your energy will be more attuned to that stone.

GlitterNova

Thank you for the suggestions! Just looking at pictures of white Howlite is soothing to me, so I ordered a small Howlite pendant. I have been interested in Amazonite in the past (for purely aesthetic reasons, I love that color!), so I ordered a small raw chunk of Amazonite. I will try experimenting with these stones.

greatdane

Almost forgot Lepidolite

I have a BIG piece of that and it is very calming.

LaLaToro

These are good suggestions. I'll add in jasper. It's very calming. I didn't realize this until I carried in around in my pocket for a few days. I've always just enjoyed the look and texture. Try it! I strongly second the quartz crystal and amazonite.

Padma

Lithium quartz, (Lepidolite has lithium content, as well) and blue Celestite. I hold my Celestite when I am having severe anxiety phases, it really does help you calm down. :heart: It has an added bonus of helping those with insomnia, as well!

Labradorite and Rainbow Moonstone are also quite calming, I find. In the end, let the stone choose you :) It always does!

jillkite

Recommending Chrysocolla, a very soothing stone.

Kristyjnh

For me, since I deal with chronic anxiety as a major source of my stress, I've found Howlite to be my go-to. Ametrine, Green Calcite, and Unakite are all helpful in those areas as well. Clear Quartz amps me up too much, making my anxiety worse :(