Books by Ellen Dugan

enchantedmoon3

Does anyone have an opinion on Ellen Dugan? I have been looking at a couple of her garden/herb books and wanted to get an opinion from others.

alexandrine1258

I just borrowed one of her books called garden witchery from my aunt. Haven't had the time to have a look at it so far, but I will let you know how it is when I find time to read it.
My aunt says she loves it!

Kyrielle

I like "Garden Witchery" and "Cottage Witchery" best. "7 Days of Magick" is also good.

"Natural Witchery" seems like a rephrasing of basic Craft 101 info, like the author read a bunch of books and put the info in her own words. Her personal stories are entertaining, but if you have read other basic books, there is nothing new here.

I would recommend "Elements of Witchcraft" to any teenager who wants to start exploring the Craft. It is a far better Craft 101 book than "Natural Witchery." "Elements of Witchcraft" seems a lot more original and true to the author, while "Natural Witchcraft" seems like a rehash in comparison. If you don't mind references to siblings and school and parents, an adult could learn something from "Elements" too.

All in all, I like Ellen Dugan's work. It's good at showing how she and her family live the Craft in everyday life, not just in ritual settings.

enchantedmoon3

Thanks for the insight ~ I threw most of my books to the side years ago (repetition, how much reference material do you really need?!?!) but enjoy a fresh perspective from time to time. I ended up with Cottage Witchery and am enjoying it.