Telling stories through spreads

Wichasa

I was reading a past life thread and got to thinking... I want a story...Who was I? (What was my character)... I decided to play a little bit with the questions. Here are the questions I came up with.

1. Who was I?
2. What was my basic attitude?
3. What was my basic Character?
4. What changed or enhanced my attitude? (A crossed card I am thinking.)
5. What was my goal in that life?
6. An event that shaped my future thought... (I am thinking four cards)
10. What did I learn from this event and brought forward with me.

I want to use the Major Arcana for the first 5 cards with no reversals. And the minor arcana for the last 5 cards. Using reversals.

Would appreciate some thoughts on this.... I am going to try it and see what I get....

Briar Rose

I don't understand why you would want to make sure to use reversals? I feel that if the reversals are meant to come up, they would.

I am not sure why you would seperate the Minor from the Major Arcana?

There are no set rules anyway. You can do a spread anyway you want.

I am just asking bc I don't know *the whys* to separating the cards, and as to what you are doing.

Also, for a past life spread what came to my mind first was laying the cards out counterclockwise. And have you ever been told anything about your pastlifes? And, do you feel what you might have been, or what you needed to do back then? Any dates on things?

This is very interesting. Be sure to post here if you do any spreads.

Wichasa

Reversals

I had thought about whether to use reversals in the first five cards or not but I am thinking that they are needed to get a more clear picture...

I did do a spread right after I posted and I had fun with it....
Here's how I laid it out
*****4*****
***1**3**2***
*****5******
***6*7*8*9***
*****10*****

I pulled the first five cards from the major arcana. The 4 position is a cross card for the 3 position
1. Who was I?
2. What was my basic attitude?
3. What was my basic character?
4. What enhance or changed my character.
5.What was my goal in life?

I used minor arcana for the last five cards.
6. 7. 8. 9. Are an event that shaped my future thought. Read as a Story.
10. What did I bring forward from that event.

Here's my results
Using the Golden Tarot by Kat Black.

1. XVIII The Moon - Many obstacles to overcome with cycles of good fortune and bad.
2. XII The Hanged Man - trusting all will get what they deserve.
3. XIV Temperance - reversed - Disharmoney and conflict, although short in nature.
4. X Wheel of Fortune -crosses Temperance -Cannot have good without bad, don't dwell on misfortune, but look forward to better days.
5. VI The Lovers - Material happiness and security. Stable love.

6 of Wands -to the victor goes spoils.
10 of Wands - Carrying a heavy load- spreading self thin.
10 of Coins - A good marriage, prosperity, stablility, and happiness.
7 of Coins - Hard work rewarded - time to enjoy assets.

11. King of Wands - reversed- A big crisis may be brewing, don't lose your head.

Here's how I read this...I was a person with many obstacles to overcome.
I believed that people got what they deserved. Would seem I liked to pick fights. Not nasty ones but fights none the less... crossed by an undersanding that, you cannot have good without bad... (Think I may have been a bit of a hothead? But Fair?)
My basic goal in life was: A stable love. Happiness and Security.

The event that shaped my future thought : I am thinking that there was an adversary that I finally overcame...(Feels like a business venture). As a result, I carried a heavy work load for a while... Keeping myself spread thin... Looks like I managed the good marriage part and Finally got everything worked out.....

What I brought forward with me.... That if you want to attain your goals you need to keep your head about you.
END OF READ....

What I found in the was a personality inventory... Kind of cool... I see alot of my character traits in this reading....

All input is appreciated....Thanks.

Wenchie

WOW I think I'm liking this....

I was so intrigued that I had to throw this spread and see what happened. In the process of doing this, it came to me how powerful this could be. I'm headed to your house as soon as I'm finished posting this so fire up the coffee pot, sis, we're gonna have some fun!!!

-Wenchie

Wichasa

All righty then.....

I will wait right here..... Bring the cream if you want some..... Cookies too....

Wenchie

What a GREAT brainstorming party!!!

A little background history:

Wichasa and I have known each other for quite a few years (lifetimes). We know some of the events and relationships we have shared in the past, as well. The process of fine-tuning this spread filled in the "gaps" for me on exactly what to ask to get the details we are interested in reading about. I have always felt a little frustrated by the limited information we were able to discern with the spreads and free-throwing we have been using.

Developing this spread has been amazing. I really hope others can see the potential. I certainly do, and will be using it frequently from now on.

The final construction, for me, goes like this:

The first four cards define "Who I Am" now or "Who I was" in the past.
The cards are laid in a counterclockwise circle starting at the top. The questions asked of each card are:
1. (top) Who am I? - A general description. Focus on what kind/type of personality or dominant role within the community or relationship.
2. (left) What was a dominant character trait of myself at that time?
3. (bottom) What was a dominant attribute of my person at that time?
4. (right) What was my dominant attitude at that time?

The next card is placed in the center of the circle.
5. What lesson presented itself, or what event enhanced or changed me at that time?

The next card is placed across the 5th card.
6. What new decision did I make because of this event?

The next cards are placed below the circle. They tell the story of the use of that new decision. In what situation did I need to use that decision?
(I had to ask the Faeries not to get too carried away here.. they LOVE stories LOL I think a general thought of 4 cards will do nicely, but be open to more.)

The last card, placed below the story cards, answers the question: What did I bring forward into my life because of that decision?

End of Spread.

My deeply felt thanks to Wichasa, our spirit friends Penelope and Ian, and the Faery Folk. I am honored to be included in this and look forward to implementing it soon!

Blessed Be!
-Wenchie

Wichasa

Working on the spread

As Wenchie helped work with the spread, I realized the potential on this one. I began to think about other possbile uses and am seeing that in order to see myself in any given situations, these are the questions I want to be asking...( or seeing anybody else for that matter)

Thank you Wenchie for your help.

Of all the thought possibilities, why that?

So now I am thinking that I am going to use this spread as a problem solving spread. Probably will go something like this.

1. What is my role in this situation? (Who am I in this?)

2. What is my attitude toward the situation or issue?

3 What is my basic character in this situation or issue?

4. What attributes do I bring to the situation or issue?

5. What needs to happen for a positive solution? This would be what enhancements I may need to make to my character, personlity. What do I need to learn from this situation or issue?

6. - 9. What is the most likely out come? The event... not written in stone, a strong possiblity if I don't resolve the problem. (still four cards)

10. What is the life lesson I need to be learning.

The past life questions did indeed produce some interesting results....Some I laughed at. This has been fun.... I would really love to hear all your thoughts on this.

Wichasa

Separating the Arcana

MY apologies Heavensvault, I never answered your question... I separated out the major arcana for the first five draws because I find that they give clearer definetion to personality traits, character and what not. If I felt I needed more insight into any given position I would pull more cards from the whole deck....

As for reversals, sometimes reading them is difficult.

I don't think I am that good...:)