Daily "Behavioral Architecture" Spread

Barleywine

This is also my understanding of the decans. It isn't so much that the Queen of Wands takes on the energy of Taurus, but that Taurus participates in her energy and she rules his first decan....which gives her a bit of all 3 gunas. I assumed the "shadow" decan was the first decan of a sign that begins in the previous house...thanks for verifying as I wasn't positive. For me, this whole orientation works just like the tarot, and I have used it for some time without paying attention to the dates or degrees, except the ones I know from astrology. I have no problem with changing the King to Prince. He stays in the same place, and for me the guna and the house determine the energy of the court card in accordance with astrology and what I know of the elements. Unless something I read clarifies or extends my base of knowledge, I tend to forget it. For instance, as a mutable energy, the Knight stays basically the same...active and changeable and elusive. Whereas the Prince/King is fixed, dependable, and authoritarian. In order for that to change for me, the guna would have to change....and I don't think I could consider the Knights energy as appropriate for the King....but the Prince is "groomed" to be like the King....so it works for me. And I realized from reading Crowley and Wang that the Princesses/Pages are considered Earth...I have always realized from Papus that Pages are transitional cards....and the Aces being new beginnings. All in all, I don't see any differences other than the name change of the King. I like reading Crowley's characterizations because they are easily integrated with my own preconceptions for the most part, and add new facets of insight.

Regarding Venus in Scorpio, I'm not so sure she is happy because she is in her detriment/fall in Scorpio, which I think would make her very weak. Perhaps that is the down side of the 7 of Cups.

We must be on a different wavelength here. The only thing I'm not getting is how the Queen of Wands rules the first decan of Taurus. According to the GD and Thoth systems, she rules the first two decans of Aries in the "natural" zodiac, and the last decan of Pisces, running from the 21st degree of Pisces to the 20th degree of Aries. Taurus belongs to the Prince of Disks (first two decans) and the Knight/King of Swords (last decan).

I'm not passing astrological judgment on anything connected with this. My natal Venus is in Cancer, conjunct Mercury and the Sun. The 7 of Cups is part of my Ascendant profile only for the purpose of this spread, since it relates to the third decan of Scorpio and also the Knight of Wands in the GD system. There is no "astrological Venus" connection at all. The dichotomy between "appearance" (7 of Cups representing ascending degree) and underlying "substance" (Knight of Wands "lurking in the shadows" just above the Ascendant) is what I was driving at. In truth, I often come across as a typically guarded and suspicious Scorpio type on first meeting.

Ruby Jewel

We must be on a different wavelength here. The only thing I'm not getting is how the Queen of Wands rules the first decan of Taurus. According to the GD and Thoth systems, she rules the first two decans of Aries in the "natural" zodiac, and the last decan of Pisces, running from the 21st degree of Pisces to the 20th degree of Aries. Taurus belongs to the Prince of Disks (first two decans) and the Knight/King of Swords (last decan).

I'm not passing astrological judgment on anything connected with this. My natal Venus is in Cancer, conjunct Mercury and the Sun. The 7 of Cups is part of my Ascendant profile only for the purpose of this spread, since it relates to the third decan of Scorpio and also the Knight of Wands in the GD system. There is no "astrological Venus" connection at all. The dichotomy between "appearance" (7 of Cups representing ascending degree) and underlying "substance" (Knight of Wands "lurking in the shadows" just above the Ascendant) is what I was driving at. In truth, I often come across as a typically guarded and suspicious Scorpio type on first meeting.

First, let me say that I added/changed this post after your quote here.

Yes, Aries rules the last decan of Pisces, (because Aries begins in the 12th house) which is the 10 of cups plus the 2 and 3 of Wands; and the first decan of Taurus, the four of Wands, is in her house and shows to be under her domain. (Taurus begins April 20, which is the last decan of the first house and the first decan of Taurus.) This is the configuration in the book I go by, "Tarot and Astrology" by Corrine Kenner. She seems to be in agreement with GD. Each house gets 3 decans. Her first decan goes to the 12th house, and her house gets the next 3: the 2, 3, and 4 of Wands. The 4 of Wands belongs to Taurus, but she gets the domain because it is in her house...same as Aries gets the 10 of Cups and thus putting her first decan under the rule of Pisces and the 12th house.... because she begins in the 12th house and takes the 10 of Cups. Pisces first decan belongs to Aquarius....hence...following this configuration, the 4 of Wands belongs to Taurus, but comes under the domain of the Queen of Wands since it is in her house.

According to my reference, the layout goes like this

Queens as the cardinal houses get the 2,3,4
Kings of the fixed houses get the 5,6,7
Knights of the mutable houses get the 8,9,10

The last cards (4,7,10) are in the domain of the previous houses....because Aries begins in the house of Pisces and beginning in the house of Pisces, she gets his last card, the 10 of Cups....

How did you get so lucky as to have Venus conjunct the Sun!! And with a Sag rising the conjunction looks to be in the 8th house of Scorpio....whoa..now that is a hill to climb...just harnessing that Venus blessing and focusing it on the eagle instead of the lizard...how are you doing with that? (laugh)

Inasmuch as the house system here, because you are looking at the ascendant, determines the placement of Venus in the 8th house, astrology automtically comes into play.

Barleywine

First, let me say that I added/changed this post after your quote here.

Yes, Aries rules the last decan of Pisces, (because Aries begins in the 12th house) which is the 10 of cups plus the 2 and 3 of Wands; and the first decan of Taurus, the four of Wands, is in her house and shows to be under her domain. (Taurus begins April 20, which is the last decan of the first house and the first decan of Taurus.) This is the configuration in the book I go by, "Tarot and Astrology" by Corrine Kenner. She seems to be in agreement with GD. Each house gets 3 decans. Her first decan goes to the 12th house, and her house gets the next 3: the 2, 3, and 4 of Wands. The 4 of Wands belongs to Taurus, but she gets the domain because it is in her house...same as Aries gets the 10 of Cups because she begins in the 12th house and takes the 10 of Cups. Pisces first decan belongs to Aquarius....hence...following this configuration, the 4 of Wands belongs to Taurus, but comes under the domain of the Queen of Wands since it is in her house.

According to my reference, the layout goes like this

Queens as the cardinal houses get the 2,3,4
Kings of the fixed houses get the 5,6,7
Knights of the mutable houses get the 8,9,10

The last cards (4,7,10) are in the domain of the previous houses....because Aries begins in the house of Pisces and beginning in the house of Pisces, she gets his last card, the 10 of Cups....

How did you get so lucky as to have Venus conjunct the Sun!! And with a Sag rising the conjunction looks to be in the 8th house of Scorpio....whoa..now that is a hill to climb...just harnessing that Venus blessing and focusing it on the eagle instead of the lizard...how are you doing with that? (laugh)

Well, that's certainly not a system I could ever get behind, but thanks for the explanation.

My Ascendant is actually late Scorpio because of the Placidus 2nd-8th House intercept (8th House Sun-Mercury-Venus conjunction in Cancer opposed 2nd House Capricorn Moon).

Even though Venus and Mercury are both combust the Sun in Cancer, the creative outlet is in a tight quintile between Venus and Mercury to 10th House Mars on the Midheaven. That outlet is (or was before retirement) mainly in technical and legal writing, even though I was an art student when younger. I mentioned to my local New Age shopowner, who is Wiccan, that I was born on the Summer Solstice and a Full Moon; she said "That explains a lot!"

The cards for the Moon position at 4 degrees of Capricorn are the Queen of Pentacles and the 2 of Pentacles, and those for the Sun position at 0 degrees of Cancer are the Queen of Cups and the 2 of Cups. But I won't go off on that tangent since we didn't get anywhere with the present one. :)

Ruby Jewel

Well, that's certainly not a system I could ever get behind, but thanks for the explanation.

My Ascendant is actually late Scorpio because of the Placidus 2nd-8th House intercept (8th House Sun-Mercury-Venus conjunction in Cancer opposed 2nd House Capricorn Moon).

Even though Venus and Mercury are both combust the Sun in Cancer, the creative outlet is in a tight quintile between Venus and Mercury to 10th House Mars on the Midheaven. That outlet is (or was before retirement) mainly in technical and legal writing, even though I was an art student when younger. I mentioned to my local New Age shopowner, who is Wiccan, that I was born on the Summer Solstice and a Full Moon; she said "That explains a lot!"

The cards for the Moon position at 4 degrees of Capricorn are the Queen of Pentacles and the 2 of Pentacles, and those for the Sun position at 0 degrees of Cancer are the Queen of Cups and the 2 of Cups. But I won't go off on that tangent since we didn't get anywhere with the present one. :)

I must not have explained it very well as I don't see us as being in disagreement at all except for calling the Knight a King....(laugh)...if you had Corrine Kenner's book I think it would be clear....it is really hard to understand without seeing it, and I'm afraid my explanations are lacking.

Maybe you should check your family tree with a birth date like that....you may well have royal ties. Especially if an eclipse happened around that time.

Barleywine

I must not have explained it very well as I don't see us as being in disagreement at all except for calling the Knight a King....(laugh)...if you had Corrine Kenner's book I think it would be clear....it is really hard to understand without seeing it, and I'm afraid my explanations are lacking.

Maybe you should check your family tree with a birth date like that....you may well have royal ties. Especially if an eclipse happened around that time.

Interesting you should say that. I have cousins who put together two books on family genealogy. The first one traced the history back to the arrival of two ancestors in the New World before the American Revolution, one from England to Boston and then Connecticut and on to New Brunswick (they were British Loyalists), and the second from Scotland to Prince Edward Island as part of a military regiment. The other book showed links to Spanish royalty, but I don't have it so can't shed any light on that. The only "royalty" I know about was of the "pop-culture" type: hockey star Gordie Howe and Canadian singer-turned-actor George Hamilton IV. No famous astrologers or tarot card readers as far as I know, except a cousin who was a Spiritualist Church leader in Connecticut before she passed. Most of the connections were through my grandmother's people, who were Hamiltons - Lowland Scots.

There was a solar eclipse the month before my birth, but it was in Taurus.

Kenner's book is on my wish list and I'm in need of something new for my Kindle; I'll see if it's available in e-book format. I suspect you're probably right, since I've heard good things about it. If I find anything useful there, maybe it will bring this thread back on topic :joke:

Ruby Jewel

Interesting you should say that. I have cousins who put together two books on family genealogy. The first one traced the history back to the arrival of two ancestors in the New World before the American Revolution, one from England to Boston and then Connecticut and on to New Brunswick (they were British Loyalists), and the second from Scotland to Prince Edward Island as part of a military regiment. The other book showed links to Spanish royalty, but I don't have it so can't shed any light on that. The only "royalty" I know about was of the "pop-culture" type: hockey star Gordie Howe and Canadian singer-turned-actor George Hamilton IV. No famous astrologers or tarot card readers as far as I know, except a cousin who was a Spiritualist Church leader in Connecticut before she passed. Most of the connections were through my grandmother's people, who were Hamiltons - Lowland Scots.

There was a solar eclipse the month before my birth, but it was in Taurus.

Kenner's book is on my wish list and I'm in need of something new for my Kindle; I'll see if it's available in e-book format. I suspect you're probably right, since I've heard good things about it. If I find anything useful there, maybe it will bring this thread back on topic :joke:

Marvelous....we will have a common source for a better understanding. I once heard that a King or a Queen is always born on an eclipse, and I checked out a few of them and sure nuff....tis true. It has been awhile since I looked it up, but as I recall, Prince William was born on a solar eclipse and Kate was born on a lunar eclipse. The recent eclipse in Pisces was right on my ascendant, which is 0 degree Pisces, and in some parts of US it is 30 degrees Aquarius....I figure I am tuned in rather well to the precession of the equinox going from Pisces to Aquarius....I looked up when the actual line was crossed into Aquarius, and my source put it at the spring equinox around the year 1943, the year I was born in Oakland California on April 10 at 3:35 am, a few days after the spring equinox. Astrology is the most fascinating thing to me....also the tarot. The two feel like soul mates. So, I am particularly drawn to this spread that you have introduced here....I'm going to work with it awhile, and if I come up with anything interesting, I'll post it here.