Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

JohnKaartunen

Here's a color comparison pic of a Pam B on the left, Vintage early 70's Rider Waite in the middle, and the German Premium version on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_0793[1].jpg
    IMG_0793[1].jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 432

The Happy Squirrel

Here's a color comparison pic of a Pam B on the left, Vintage early 70's Rider Waite in the middle, and the German Premium version on the right.

Is the 70s vintage Waite in the middle by USG....?

JohnKaartunen

Yes, the middle is the early 70's version.

Attachments

• IMG_0795[1].jpg
    IMG_0795[1].jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 349

The Happy Squirrel

Yes, the middle is the early 70's version.

Thank you! Do we know if this USG 70s vintage version has images based on Pam C like seemingly the the images in the "Original" which have copyright USG 1971 on them....? I am very curious....

Lisa Myobun

Thank you! Do we know if this USG 70s vintage version has images based on Pam C like seemingly the the images in the "Original" which have copyright USG 1971 on them....? I am very curious....

The USG version is based on Pam A. The squiggle in the sun card is a bit misleading (it looks a bit like Pam C) - but you can tell via the eyelids in the Lovers card...

Lisa Myobun

The USG version is based on Pam A. The squiggle in the sun card is a bit misleading (it looks a bit like Pam C) - but you can tell via the eyelids in the Lovers card...

bea82257bc97b30579d1566d512521a3.jpg

Here's The Lovers from one of my 1970s RWS decks. Note the pretty red eyelids...

JohnKaartunen

Thanks for the clarification Lisa. Very faithful watcher of your Channel btw :)

The Happy Squirrel

I have a theory.... That USG used Pam A **before** images were copyrighted in 1971. And then... Copyrighted images **based on** (or is?) Pam C..... Which is why I asked to see those vintage USG that do not have the copyright on them and are selling so well in the secondary market :)

EDIT: The next step to further test this hypothesis is to check a more recent USG image with the copyright on. I only have images copyrighted by USG as published in what is known as "The Original". Unless, USG's copyright covers more than one version of the original between 1909-1920s.....