Crystal Study Group discussion thread

DownwardSpiral

I've meant to start the thread for obsidian , but Im not sure how to go about it , because I dont know all that much about them , and because it is so new , and because I have finals on college , finals suck D:

Lol you don't have to know anything about them.
Just spend some time with your obsidian.
You could.....scry, meditate, use it for protection, spend some time just holding it in your hand, etc. It's up to you what you choose to do. When you feel you're finished working with it......or you could set a limit to how much time you want to spend.... write up your experiences. You can save it all up for one post...or post as you go.

DownwardSpiral

just some thoughts.....

I'm curious to see if the more we work with the crystals...the more open our bodies are to work with the different energies.

Also I'm curious if certain numbers will always show up for certain crystals.

And I'm curious to know why more people haven't joined in? <------that is an invitation to ANYONE with crystals. Spend some time with one......share your experiences. This way we can all learn : )

Padma

I'm curious to see if the more we work with the crystals...the more open our bodies are to work with the different energies.

Also I'm curious if certain numbers will always show up for certain crystals.

And I'm curious to know why more people haven't joined in? <------that is an invitation to ANYONE with crystals. Spend some time with one......share your experiences. This way we can all learn : )

I am also extremely curious as to what crystals can really do, and it is very interesting to kind of be a human lab rat! lol :) I would like to see if we have large differences in our experiences with any given stone, or if we have similar experiences. I mean, the stones have a set of properties, as do humans; but each stone is a bit different, as are humans...so..what will the results look like, when we record findings with the same stone? the comparisons will be hugely interesting!

I really applaud DownwardS for shaking us out of complacency and getting us interested and going in the crystal study group - DS's findings have been utterly fascinating, and I think it is wonderful that we are being prodded to join in and record findings :) Also thanks to Hemera for supporting and encouraging us in our efforts!

A last thought, at first I thought I couldn't join in a thread, that it was private - and then I thought I had to be working with the same crystal as DownwardS was that week, and DS set me straight ;) choose any crystal you like, PM Hemera about your upcoming study, and start your thread! (if one on that stone or crystal hasn't already been started - if it has, just add to the existing thread!) :) The more, the merrier...and the more information we can catalogue for everyone's benefit.

DownwardSpiral

Thanks Lotus. This has been amazing as I've carried a palm stone here and there and thought ok? Now what? Crystals definitely have different vibrations and I'm learning some can really stir things up. After some of my experiences I will never doubt the power of crystals : )

I'm also starting to realise why some psychics etc. don't rely on Tarot cards etc. to find the information they need.

Padma

Thanks Lotus. This has been amazing as I've carried a palm stone here and there and thought ok? Now what? Crystals definitely have different vibrations and I'm learning some can really stir things up. After some of my experiences I will never doubt the power of crystals : )

I'm also starting to realise why some psychics etc. don't rely on Tarot cards etc. to find the information they need.

yes, I am seeing that inviting the crystal to be a doorway to the Universe for us is very beneficial - you are very right I think! But it only makes sense, right? Computers use crystals to function, crystals are sometimes almost as old as the earth, and they have been proven to carry vibration...it makes all kinds of sense that they would be the connecting piece that ties us to the earth, and yet opens the skies to us, metaphorically speaking... :)

DownwardSpiral

I've read about crystals and what they are supposed to do/be good for etc. And then I've read about cleansing, programming, charging and it makes you wonder .....do I really need to do all that?

And of course being all new to this..... with the Axinite for the most part I just carried it around and put it in my pillowcase at night and then waited to see what would happen. I guess really depending on the properties of the stone....that would determine what you actually do with it.

With the Angelite and the Labradorite I've learned that you can be very specific in asking a crystal what you want from it. Hahaha and then prepare to be busy.

Padma

I have to admit, I do not often cleanse and program the crystals - seems like added on fluff. But that is just my view... I do talk to them, though, and I obviously notice their "personality" - what they feel like when they are on. After removing the Labradorite and replacing it with the Alexandrite, for instance, I immediately felt a difference. HUGE difference. The Labradorite sends a deep sense of peace into me, while the Alexandrite feels very light. Actually, it is making my fingers tingle! lol.

Something else I want to find out, is whether or not lab created stones work, and if there is a difference between just a rough lump of the crystal or cut and prepared stones in jewellery...

Fascinatin' stuff! :)

DownwardSpiral

I don't cleanse and as far as programming I don't do any ritual stuff. I'm not even sure if you would call it programming. .I just ask the stone what I would like help with or if it would like to show me anything. I'm all for informal : )

What's really fun about doing this is once we know what the crystals can do for us....then we can pick and choose depending on what we need.

And as I know you also go to healing crystals for you.....it would be fun to eventually start combining the crystals as there are suggestions there depending on what specifically you are trying to acheive. Also not sure if you've noticed but some of the crystals have suggestions on what to combine them with for a milder effect if they are too strong.

Empath111

Thumbs up from me on starting a crystal study thread - love the topic :)