Toon Tarot Majors

Tomsde

Thanks so much.

Tomsde

Major Arcana X-Wheel of Fortune

There are winners and loosers and this card has both. Perhaps the dad and girl shouldn't be so jubilant over their win--they can't win all the time. The grandfather looks used up, he wanted to win a toy for his impoverished grandson, but Lady Luck was not in his favor this time, perhaps he just spent his last dollar. I wanted to inspire some feelings of compassion for the old man and boy, it's not nice to gloat over a winning. . .

Attachments

• Wheel-of-Fortune-X-we.jpg
    Wheel-of-Fortune-X-we.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 130

baylys

That's gorgeous!

Alta

I see what you mean Tomsde. It really helps to have the creator's thoughts about the images. After you said that I went back and re-looked at the age and clothing differences. You really captured the idea while still keeping with your toon theme. Excellent!

tarotlyn

There are winners and loosers and this card has both. Perhaps the dad and girl shouldn't be so jubilant over their win--they can't win all the time. The grandfather looks used up, he wanted to win a toy for his impoverished grandson, but Lady Luck was not in his favor this time, perhaps he just spent his last dollar. I wanted to inspire some feelings of compassion for the old man and boy, it's not nice to gloat over a winning. . .
I see what you mean, Tomsde, about the gloating over a win! That is a very good lesson!
Thanks for sharing that :heart:
Lyn

Tomsde

I'd taken a break to work on some other projects, but I'm back at it now. Justice will be served. The Policeman stands in satisfaction while the criminal scowls at him. The scales in the front are in perfect balance showing justice has been done.

Attachments

• Justice-XI-ver-2-web.jpg
    Justice-XI-ver-2-web.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 101

Tomsde

Transcendence XII

A desire to search for a higher meaning to life. Stepping away from the conventional, seeking a more serene mode of existence. Instead of the traditional Hanged Man image for this card, I decided to make the image more in line with the RWS meaning. This card was very spontanous for me, it just came together very easily and I'm happy with the result, I hope you like it too.

Attachments

• Transcendence-XII-web.jpg
    Transcendence-XII-web.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 93

Tomsde

The Star XVII

Resuming this project, sometimes I need to have a break from it, but now I want to get back on track and make sure I keep at it until the deck is finished. If you like what I've been doing here please spread the word. I intend to eventually have a Facebook Page just for the Toon Tarot as well.

Attachments

• The-Star-web.jpg
    The-Star-web.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 103

PAMUYA

I like it! A lot.... ;)