What do you desire in deck creation?

Mallah

I guess I'll keep a few of my own decks lying around that we can all "pirate" from (ayrrr...)..should anyone need a card, they can contact me and i can send them one...how often would this be coming up anyhow, I wonder?

BTW, I'm going with "poker sized" cards...two reasons...

when i started designing my deck, it was the only option, and by the time they came out with Tarot Size, I was already too many cards along to make the change.

I've tried playing with the other templates and my images, photoshopping more on to them to meet the taller aspect ratio...but it doen'st really work all that well, and you know what, at 1/4 inch wider, you really don't get that much more image room the WIDE way...it's the TALL way that the images are bigger.

That being said, I could do a "jumbo" size...and thought about this, but I really don't dig those super big decks.

Reason number B, I designed my cards with poker sized in mind...a little less detail so that nothing would be lost...and constantly scanned them and shrank them down just to be sure they looked ok.

I've worked with a number of smaller decks (not mini's, mind you, just smaller hand size) and really like them...they're like little derringers...they carry easy, shuffle easy, fit in the hand easy, all over nice! It's one of the reasons so many of us trim our decks; the other reason having the image go to the edge...and TGC does that already.

So it's poker size, untill another affordable option comes along.

The Game Crafter

:bugeyed:

However this has suddenly raised a question for me. What about sales taxes. Do non-US buyers end up paying twice ? A lot of the sites I go to, if you are outside the US (and I believe out of state in some cases) you don't pay the taxes, as you have to pay them in your own location on importing. There's a box saying where are you and then that kicks in... Can someone from TGC please clarify ?

Sorry for the delayed reply. I somehow was unsubscribed from this thread.

We only charge sales tax to customers who live in Wisconsin, in the United States. We are required by law to charge that sales tax. Any other taxes applied to you are done so by the country doing import duty. We have no control over that. So I think the answer to your question is that no, customers are not charged twice for taxes.

The Game Crafter

I'm sorry for the delayed reply. I somehow got unsubscribed from this thread.

Just read this whole thread. Some good changes have been made. Thank you!

Thanks for noticing!
I love the fact that customers can buy game parts on your website. Whenever I buy a deck of cards from your site I always add on something or other I need, usually blank tuck boxes. I particularly love those clear tuck boxes you have. Do you now allow game designers to publish a deck with one of those boxes? I remember designers having an issue with that in the past.

We always have. I'm sorry if there was any confusion on that in the past.
For example, if someone created a Lenormand deck (usually 36 cards) but didn't want to design a tuckbox to have printed with the deck, can they add one of the clear tuckboxes to the game and have it published this way?
Yes.
The clear plastic 41-card size tuck box is awesome for poker-sized lenormand decks. I've used these for many decks I have that came without boxes, or for decks that came with extra cards that I want to keep separate from the main deck. In a perfect world, these would be available in tarot-sized boxes as well.
I'll check on that and see if there would be a way to get clear boxes in Tarot size.
However, it is very disappointing that I cannot buy the blank tarot-sized boxes from you. This would be incredibly awesome. Unlike most people on this site, I absolutely detest keeping cards in bags. Bags are not good for cards. They do not protect them well, they allow cards to move around too much and get the edges dented and frayed. To me, cards belong in boxes, and I have spent countless hours trying to find appropriate sized cardboard boxes to keep decks in that came without a box. Everything I find is either too small, or too big (which creates storage issues). I have asked your customer service about buying them in the past only to be told "sorry, we don't sell them". This doesn't make sense to me since all the blank poker boxes are available for sale (and I have bought many of those as well). Would you consider adding these to your game piece store? What about the new small pro boxes? (since the medium and large are available there).

We do actually offer blank tarot boxes.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts/tuck-box-tarot-90-cards

These wouldn't hold a jumbo tarot deck though, would they? It seems from the discussion on that site, they are only thick enough for 64 jumbo cards?

The small pro box wouldn't work for a standard 78 card tarot deck in Jumbo size. We are, however, investigating the possibility of a 90 card Jumbo-sized tuck box.

The Game Crafter

I've bought two decks in bags and no boxes from TGC. One was simply sent in a bag in a mailing box; I can't swear to the other; my database is silent and I haven't the deck with me. There was also the Iowan's - in a bag in a game box (because of the spread sheet thing) - not in shrink wrap in a box. This is all rather strange ?.

But TB seems to be right - I can't find the bag option on the site any more at all (curiosity led me to look as it was my suggestion he try there in the first place :( )

We are still working on the bag option. We haven't ever had that on the site. You can purchase a bag to put in your game, but we don't allow publishing with a bag and no box, yet. We've gotten several steps closer to allowing that though.

Mallah

Hey; just sayin...

I'm looking forward to working with you. I've finished a deck...it's all formatted to your templates and ready to go....will be uploading it to you this weekend!

gregory

We are still working on the bag option. We haven't ever had that on the site. You can purchase a bag to put in your game, but we don't allow publishing with a bag and no box, yet. We've gotten several steps closer to allowing that though.

That's odd. That's how I got my Zombie Apocalypse from you. In a red bag and bubble wrap, in a mailing box....