Gypsy fortune telling cards Piatnik Zigeuner Wahrsagekarten No. 1901

Tibor

Hey,

this was my first pack of cards when I was 16. I have recently bought the book as well that was on ebay from Eszter Gombor, it's pretty good too. The thing is if you have been used to Tarot than it may feel a bit too simple although I think it can be made complex (in terms of the readings) especially if you use a lot of cards in a spread. Anyway the guide book that is available from ebay also has Tarot correspondences so you can check which card relates to which Tarot card.

fairielf

Ohh this is my favourite deck i love it ! <3 they allways said the truth

fairielf

Knows somone some combinations with hungaryan gypsy oracle?i know House+Journey-A change in you house and Hope+Journey-travel trought waters any others?

Caristia

Thanks! Right now the card that's giving me the most trouble is Thought. The rest of the cards that day made perfect sense, but I'm not sure if Thought indicates that I had given adequate thought to the matter at hand or if I hadn't. Or maybe it means something entirely different..

The second most troublesome is Fortune. Based on Seaqueen's interpretation in her 19 October 2012 blog entry (not sure if posting a link is acceptable), I don't see a whole lot of difference between this and Some Money. I would have thought that Fortune meant "good luck" or something similar whilst Some Money meant unexpectedly receiving (or finding) a relatively small amount of money.

Sword King

Thanks! Right now the card that's giving me the most trouble is Thought. The rest of the cards that day made perfect sense, but I'm not sure if Thought indicates that I had given adequate thought to the matter at hand or if I hadn't. Or maybe it means something entirely different..

The second most troublesome is Fortune. Based on Seaqueen's interpretation in her 19 October 2012 blog entry (not sure if posting a link is acceptable), I don't see a whole lot of difference between this and Some Money. I would have thought that Fortune meant "good luck" or something similar whilst Some Money meant unexpectedly receiving (or finding) a relatively small amount of money.

Check out these thoughts (pun intended) on the Thought card from the Sibilla tradition. Although a different deck style, I have found that there is crossover between these gypsy decks and traditional sibilla meanings in cards of the same name:

http://cartomancy.wordpress.com/2007/10/05/6-di-quadri-pensiero/

As far as the Fortune card goes, I tend to read that similarly as X The Wheel, in that it could be a positive or negative manifestation of 'luck' or 'fortune', depending on the cards around it. It seems to be regarded as a postive card for the most.

Caristia

Thanks! It never occurred to me to check out the Sibilla section of the site. I'm not at all familiar with that type of deck, so I didn't know about the crossover.

Thanks for the tip re: Fortune, too. Now that you mention it, I do see how it could relate to the tarot Wheel card. OTOH, wouldn't the Misfortune card indicate the negative manifestations?

MissNine

Hi is anyone still using this deck? I'm in love with it and have been working on 9x4 spreads the last few months.

Darkmage

I've got the Hungarian purple box edition of the Zigeuner cards. Thing is, the cartomancy.com site is gone and there's really no other place to find the card meanings. The little flyer I got with my deck only describes spreads and is less than useful. :/

MissNine

I have been learning how to read this deck from my aunt in Austria. Thank goodness I have a mentor with these! Completely different than tarot. Still wish the us sold more books on these in English! There's one book sold on amazon in kindle and hardcover formats called "gypsy card in a new light" I believe. You can download a sample on your kindle for free.

I did a cheat sheet of what cards mean by experience over the past few months along with reading the German book and translating it. I'll post my short list soon.

larryrl

piatnik 1901 gypsy fortune cards

I bought a set from amazon as I am in the usa, but they are great. I added the card names in the international language Esperanto, since I study that language. Wonderful deck, easy to use and read even fora dummy like me. However am looking for images of the complete 36 card set, so I can write a program in windows to tell someone's fortune.