Doreen Virtue is putting out a Past Life Oracle

Thoughtful

I don't think I'll buy it though, because... Don't you know enough after one or two readings? How many past lifes can you have? Hundred? Thousands? You can just keep reading until you had them all? How does it tell you anything?

Yes l understand what you are saying, having used them for myself to test them out l want to add this Oracle to my collection of tarot/oracles to help when reading for others.

I truly expected to get images that would require piecing together to make sense of things but no, it took me straight to the solution of my concern. I'm not quite certain how or even if it will tell me about past life situations (how could we possibly know unless we get regressed) but I'm looking fwd to doing more readings with this deck in the future to see where it takes me.

Interested to know which card came out, if it got to the heart of your concerns of today as you mention, it would have revealed the past life situation that is causing you the block or concern now. Just knowing why we are experiencing concerns in this life can be very healing when we find out the root cause is sometimes in the past.
l was very lucky to have had my past lives told me, and to get them in my own reading blew me away and was the proof l needed that this is indeed a profound oracle. The way you can know you had the past life is by what the card reveals about a past life and seeing if it fits with whats happening in your life now, such as blocks, hangups, fears, relationships or career etc.

l find it all quite fascinating and l hope your reading in the future gives you more knowledge. Hope l have made some sense here :)

linnie

I have a great deal of respect for many books on this topic (the Newton ones mentioned by Melia are great, and another one, by Peter Richelieu, called A soul's journey, is brilliant, as are many others by Raymond Moody, Gina Cerminara, Edgar Cayce and many other authors, including Dr Weiss himself.)

I absolutely believe in reincarnation, which of course entails past lives, but I can't see how an image of money, or a card titled High Priest OR High Priestess (?), will offer a great many insights. The problem with the past lives issue can be that, too often, people want to up the ante in their current lives, and the excitement derived from 'past lives' seems so much more exciting than their current life offers that it can be a slippery slope to embark on, and quite addictive, which would suggest that a little more depth than a fairly generic card offers might be more useful.

I truly do hope it is a good deck for all of you who are keen to buy it, and hope that Dr Weiss's insights and experience will offer a greater degree of substance than I have found the previous Virtue decks to offer.

Thoughtful

I absolutely believe in reincarnation, which of course entails past lives, but I can't see how an image of money, or a card titled High Priest OR High Priestess (?), will offer a great many insights. which would suggest that a little more depth than a fairly generic card offers might be more useful.

l have to agree the images are somewhat sparse but they do work. To quote the Finances card and how it may help, below is the extract from the booklet on the Finances card.....

"Your relationship with money is being affected by your past life experiences. For instance, you may have had a lifetime of extreme poverty or even wealth. Many people struggle to save money because their other lifetimes involved communal wealth - where the convent, tribe or village provided for everyone's needs.
In those lifetimes, there was no such thing as individual savings accounts or separate possessions. As a result you may find that your finances are a perplexing and upsetting mystery. Your income may roller-coaster up and down until you come to terms with the fact that you're currently incarnated in a Western capitalistic society that operates on individualism.
To heal this situation, understand that money is merely energy and can be used for good purposes or negative ones. Know that money is neutral; it is what you do with it that matters. Act with the intention to help the world through charity and generosity. That is a noble virtue."

As you mentioned the money (Finances) card l thought the above extract may give you a flavour of how this Oracle works.

l bought this Oracle because of Brian Weiss's involvement, have read his books which are very informative. As to D.Virtue l have two of her other Oracles which help a lot in readings, but would not touch her Tarot cards! Anyhow hope this helps a bit.

GotH

Interested to know which card came out, if it got to the heart of your concerns of today as you mention, it would have revealed the past life situation that is causing you the block or concern now. Just knowing why we are experiencing concerns in this life can be very healing when we find out the root cause is sometimes in the past.
It definitely was about my past but I'm not sure if it was regarding a past life.

I had been sitting there thinking about how trapped I have been feeling lately. I'm at the tail end of a relationship, just trying to hang on and doing my best to make it all work out but when the heart is empty, it just is. I had just had a disagreement with the person and needed some time to myself so I walked into a coffee shop for some quiet time and pulled out my deck to bond with it. It was then when I asked the question, "What happened in a past life that is effecting me now?" I received the card TRANSPORTATION. My immediate thought and feeling hit me like the train on the card. Apart from the card telling me to transport myself from the relationship for awhile, what really hit me is going back to my old career in transportation to not feel trapped anymore! I loved my work in travel and I really do miss it. I strongly felt a sense of a direction with this card. Now, it's possible that something involving transportation occurred in a past life, but the meaning of this card in the presence made very clear sense to me.

ETA: I just realize something. If I remember correctly, the card speaks about being afraid to fly or travel fears. Being that I'm obviously not afraid to fly, this may be more of a metaphoric guidance suggestion. I'm having difficulties in this relationship because I'm afraid of "flying" from it. Hmmm.. This is making even more sense to me now.

l was very lucky to have had my past lives told me, and to get them in my own reading blew me away and was the proof l needed that this is indeed a profound oracle. The way you can know you had the past life is by what the card reveals about a past life and seeing if it fits with whats happening in your life now, such as blocks, hangups, fears, relationships or career etc.
Perhaps I'm reliving something similar now that occurred in the past and the answer to a better life lays in this specific card. This I feel is powerful.

l find it all quite fascinating and l hope your reading in the future gives you more knowledge. Hope l have made some sense here :)

Thank you so much! I'm so looking fwd to doing more with this deck very soon.

linnie

l have to agree the images are somewhat sparse but they do work. To quote the Finances card and how it may help, below is the extract from the booklet on the Finances card.....

"Your relationship with money is being affected by your past life experiences. For instance, you may have had a lifetime of extreme poverty or even wealth. Many people struggle to save money because their other lifetimes involved communal wealth - where the convent, tribe or village provided for everyone's needs.
In those lifetimes, there was no such thing as individual savings accounts or separate possessions. As a result you may find that your finances are a perplexing and upsetting mystery. Your income may roller-coaster up and down until you come to terms with the fact that you're currently incarnated in a Western capitalistic society that operates on individualism.
To heal this situation, understand that money is merely energy and can be used for good purposes or negative ones. Know that money is neutral; it is what you do with it that matters. Act with the intention to help the world through charity and generosity. That is a noble virtue."

As you mentioned the money (Finances) card l thought the above extract may give you a flavour of how this Oracle works.

l bought this Oracle because of Brian Weiss's involvement, have read his books which are very informative. As to D.Virtue l have two of her other Oracles which help a lot in readings, but would not touch her Tarot cards! Anyhow hope this helps a bit.

Thank you for your reply, Thoughtful... As much as you were using that extract to demonstrate how useful this new deck is, for me, it kind of illustrates my main issues with the Virtue decks being so general. By way of example, the statement that:

"For instance, you may have had a lifetime of extreme poverty or even wealth", doesn't really offer anything illuminating at all, does it? No offence intended, that's just my personal take on it, and, to be honest, it echoes the other Virtue decks in its vague and non-specific wording, except that in this latest issue it makes reference to previous lives rather than the present one. :)

Opting to work with any particular deck is entirely personal. The Virtue decks just haven't, historically, offered me a great deal of insight, and I was hoping that the subject matter, and Dr Weiss's involvement with this one, would add an extra layer, but I remain unconvinced.

Thoughtful

Linnie l see how you have your reservations so did l at first, it was only after using it for myself that l realised it offered some aha moments. There are many oracles and tarots that l find not at all useful for me, so each to their own :)

linnie

Indeed.... some people's absolutely favourite, all-time, go-to decks just don't do it for other people. I'm really happy for you that this deck is proving to be a good one for yourself :) Many blessings to you :)

Thoughtful

Hi Goddess, Asking a question has to be quite precise, so as you did not ask about the relationship, what came up was your involvement in travel/transportation in a past life. This is where you felt happy and energised and today that same feeling exists. So maybe get back to what you loved in the world of travel and the relationship will become a distant memory. In effect you have grasped the meaning for yourself very well.
As with all readings the intuition plays a big role.

Regarding fear of flying etc. this was only a part of the answer for you and not necessarily the whole, if you re-read the guide, you may not have had any traumatic event involving travel, hence why you do not have the fears that another may have. The card tells of old knowledge which is deep within you. Getting back to what served you well in the past will give you renewed happiness.

When you use the Oracle again ask specific questions related to the relationship, along the lines of - why do l feel it difficult to let go, what makes me hang on, do these feelings have roots in a past life. It may be a recurring pattern.

GotH

Hi Goddess, Asking a question has to be quite precise, so as you did not ask about the relationship, what came up was your involvement in travel/transportation in a past life. This is where you felt happy and energised and today that same feeling exists. So maybe get back to what you loved in the world of travel and the relationship will become a distant memory. In effect you have grasped the meaning for yourself very well.
As with all readings the intuition plays a big role.

Regarding fear of flying etc. this was only a part of the answer for you and not necessarily the whole, if you re-read the guide, you may not have had any traumatic event involving travel, hence why you do not have the fears that another may have. The card tells of old knowledge which is deep within you. Getting back to what served you well in the past will give you renewed happiness.

When you use the Oracle again ask specific questions related to the relationship, along the lines of - why do l feel it difficult to let go, what makes me hang on, do these feelings have roots in a past life. It may be a recurring pattern.

Ahhh, thank you for the advice here. You seem to feel very comfortable and confident with these cards and now I feel good about buying these after reading your post about them confirming your past life regressions.
:thumbsup:

Would you mind telling me your thoughts on the High Priest/Priestess card apart from the book?

Celtictarot

Thank you for your reply, Thoughtful... As much as you were using that extract to demonstrate how useful this new deck is, for me, it kind of illustrates my main issues with the Virtue decks being so general. By way of example, the statement that:

"For instance, you may have had a lifetime of extreme poverty or even wealth", doesn't really offer anything illuminating at all, does it? No offence intended, that's just my personal take on it, and, to be honest, it echoes the other Virtue decks in its vague and non-specific wording, except that in this latest issue it makes reference to previous lives rather than the present one. :)

Opting to work with any particular deck is entirely personal. The Virtue decks just haven't, historically, offered me a great deal of insight, and I was hoping that the subject matter, and Dr Weiss's involvement with this one, would add an extra layer, but I remain unconvinced.

I echo you on this. I am not a fan of DV decks anyway as they are vague and no energy to hook onto for me. I seen a video review of the deck and seen some cards, Asia? what about it? People may start to think royalty. The cards are so vague for the job in hand. What next for DV, Angels do past life LOL