Spirit De La Lune

flyingfoxtarot

I pre-ordered the second edition, and I'm so excited to get it in my hot little hands. They have started to ship out, but I think they're shipping in batches because I haven't gotten my email from PayPal yet saying that it shipped. Either way, I've been loving the pictures of the first edition and I think the wait will be worth it.

RavenOfSummer

So excited too, this deck looks so beautiful! I only found out about it after the 1st edition was sold out, so really happy I have a second chance :) Let me know when you get yours, maybe we can discuss? The only thing I wish is that this edition also came with a tin. That 1st edition tin is so cute.

MareSaturni

I've been quite curious about this deck and have considered ordering it... my only quibble is that I tried to ask the creators on instagram whether the cards could be adapted to the Southern Hemisphere while using them. They completely ignored it, which I found a bit rude... so I felt less willing to hand them my money. ;)

(Explanation: our moon phases here look "inverted", as if on a mirror, when compared to the N. Hemisphere ones. For example, the waxing moon looks like a "C" and the waning moon looks like the bow you use to shoot an arrow etc. The full and new moon look the same.)

RavenOfSummer

I've been quite curious about this deck and have considered ordering it... my only quibble is that I tried to ask the creators on instagram whether the cards could be adapted to the Southern Hemisphere while using them. They completely ignored it, which I found a bit rude... so I felt less willing to hand them my money. ;)

(Explanation: our moon phases here look "inverted", as if on a mirror, when compared to the N. Hemisphere ones. For example, the waxing moon looks like a "C" and the waning moon looks like the bow you use to shoot an arrow etc. The full and new moon look the same.)

Ooh I have a really cool poster that shows the views of the moon in the two hemispheres! Just searched for a picture of it, here's the poster: http://collectiveartsbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/moon.jpg

But back on topic...that is unfortunate that they never responded to you :( I've been following the Facebook page and I noticed that some people made posts on there that they've also never responded to, but they seem to always respond when people post comments on their photos on Facebook, so I'm wondering if maybe they just missed the other posts somehow?

In any case, that is a really good question! My initial thought is (and keep in mind, this is without yet having worked with the deck or even held it in my hands), since the cards are round, could you just turn them "upside down" when working with them? That might make it a little more difficult to read the key words which I think are written along the bottom of the card from a N. Hemisphere perspective, but you could either read the words upside-down, or read them upright and then turn them upside-down to match your view of the moon. I wonder if that could work, does that make sense?

flyingfoxtarot

@MareSaturni - I know the creators said on their Instagram that they're swamped with orders and emails right now. I would send them an email, or ask someone else who got a first edition of the deck. I don't have the deck (yet!), but I don't see any reason why the art wouldn't work for you. You could either reverse the cards so they look right, or use the "waxing" for "waning".

flyingfoxtarot

So excited! My deck shipped and should be here on Saturday.

Winterchild

I use the cards upside down for the Moon phases and just use the opposite seasonal moon to what it says in the guide book. The company have been very good about responding to me, I love the deck and bought one for my daughters too, but am getting the second edition because I want the silver ink and the larger fonts... They have also released a calendar for the Northern Hemisphere but are considering making one for us down at the bottom of the world too!!

flyingfoxtarot

Hi flyingfoxtarot, did you get your deck?? :D

Yes I did! I got it just in time for the super moon on Monday, and I'm so in love already. I read the whole guide book that night, and I love how each Moondala card has it's own spread. Since I'm coming from a total tarot background, I love the set up of the deck with the three different card types. I wish the card stock was a little stiffer, but that's my own preference, and the card stock doesn't feel cheap at all.

I like to work with this deck in conjunction with my tarot decks (and it looks amazing with every deck I own). I've been doing a take on one of Ethony's spreads that combine multiple decks to work with it. I pull one SDLL card with the question "what energies are working with me right now?" (or something similar). I then pull three tarot cards around the oracle card (first and last upright, and the middle card on it's side) for Past-Transition-Future. I like this spread because it's fairly simple, but I can relate the SDLL deck with the tarot cards, and get a feel for the overall energy that's present.

Here is the link to Ethony's video and blog post: http://ethony.com/using-multiple-oracle-tarot-decks-tarot-reading/
My Instagram with some photos of the deck and my spreads: https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxtarot/

RavenOfSummer

Yes I did! I got it just in time for the super moon on Monday, and I'm so in love already. I read the whole guide book that night, and I love how each Moondala card has it's own spread. Since I'm coming from a total tarot background, I love the set up of the deck with the three different card types. I wish the card stock was a little stiffer, but that's my own preference, and the card stock doesn't feel cheap at all.

I like to work with this deck in conjunction with my tarot decks (and it looks amazing with every deck I own). I've been doing a take on one of Ethony's spreads that combine multiple decks to work with it. I pull one SDLL card with the question "what energies are working with me right now?" (or something similar). I then pull three tarot cards around the oracle card (first and last upright, and the middle card on it's side) for Past-Transition-Future. I like this spread because it's fairly simple, but I can relate the SDLL deck with the tarot cards, and get a feel for the overall energy that's present.

Here is the link to Ethony's video and blog post: http://ethony.com/using-multiple-oracle-tarot-decks-tarot-reading/
My Instagram with some photos of the deck and my spreads: https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxtarot/

Ooh your post makes me even more excited!! I think mine should be here today or tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestions on combining with tarot! I think I'm going to need to get on Instagram as well- this is the second time this week someone has recommended tarot-related Instagrams to me. I will post here when I get mine. The moon energy has been so powerful this week!! :love: