Mme. Loviise's Scorned Oraakel

Freder

The deck is very near completion and will be released sometime in February. Read the story behind the deck and see a couple dozen (or more) of the newly-revised designs here:

http://mysterydecks.tarotbyducksoup.com/p/nothing-here-at-moment.html

^ yeah, I know, that's a suckish URL. Didn't realize I would be stuck with "holding text" when I created the page! Urrrgggllll!

Not all the card designs are online yet, but with the project drawing to a close there will be much more frequent updates between now and the release date. All the images that were already online in their original uncolored versions have been updated with the new, water-color toned cards. It's looking quite colorful now.

More as the date draws closer. Until then -- happy happy joy joy and thank you so much for your support!

www.ducksoup.me
www.tarotvyducksoup.com

Aster Breo

Cool deck!

Will the reproduction version (the one not in English) include explanatory materials in English?

Freder

Working on an "extra" card right now that will have at least the rudimentary card name and a single keyword in English. IT's still a lot of text to fit on one card......

DT

2dogs

Interesting. I guess Mme. Loviise added the stamps then as the one on card 47 includes 1840, 1940 and an aircraft of the time :cool3:.

Aster Breo

Working on an "extra" card right now that will have at least the rudimentary card name and a single keyword in English. IT's still a lot of text to fit on one card......

DT

Maybe just do an English LWB? That would make the info available in English, but not complicate the card design.

I really like how the reproduction cards look, but I need some info in English to be able to use the deck.

Belinda2

Maybe just do an English LWB? That would make the info available in English, but not complicate the card design.

I really like how the reproduction cards look, but I need some info in English to be able to use the deck.

Yes I am interested in this deck also but I agree with you without some information in English it will be hard to use.

lightpers

This is so lovely , Freder!

Freder

Thanks all --

2dogs, yes, over the years as the cards fell apart due to the ravages of time, they have been "repaired" in various ways by later generations. The more sensitive repairs involved stamps and the like, but you will notice Scotch tape -- transparent tape -- on many of the cards. There definitely was no such thing when the original deck was created!!

Nowadays of course, historians know that one of the worst things you can do to paper is put Scotch tape on it, but in the '40s, '50s and '60s, no one cared.

(Otherwise known as: you do what looks good to you at the time, then make up stories to cover it later! Thanks for the excuse you came up with!)

Re: language: one of the extra cards will have card titles and one keyword in English. That was all I could fit on the card. But there will be a PDF file that can be downloaded from the site, containing fuller meanings in English, card associations and possibly some extra spreads. We'll see how that goes, I haven't actually started work on it yet, but I do have all the fuller meanings in a spreadsheet just waiting to be exported.....

Thanks, all for your interest and support!

Aster Breo

Re: language: one of the extra cards will have card titles and one keyword in English. That was all I could fit on the card. But there will be a PDF file that can be downloaded from the site, containing fuller meanings in English, card associations and possibly some extra spreads. We'll see how that goes, I haven't actually started work on it yet, but I do have all the fuller meanings in a spreadsheet just waiting to be exported.....

Actually, I like that idea much better than trying to cram everything onto the cards themselves. I like the card design as it is, including the non-English words. An informational pdf in English would be perfect.

I just need some way of accessing the info about the cards and interpretations.