the Carot

rwcarter

Welcome carotamancer!

At 54 cards, this looks like an oracle to me instead of a tarot deck. Is it a tarot deck with an unusual structure (like no Majors) or is it truly an oracle?

Belinda2

Thanks for sharing the cards look very cute, and I do like rabbits.now that you have put out the word here Iam sure you will get more backers. For myself looking on Kickstarter it is hard for me to find anything, this is the first time I have seen your deck.

carotamancer

Oracle deck

Welcome carotamancer!

At 54 cards, this looks like an oracle to me instead of a tarot deck. Is it a tarot deck with an unusual structure (like no Majors) or is it truly an oracle?

Yes, the Carot is an oracle deck. Understandable question given the name! Thanks!

gregory

It has also borrowed a name; I alroady have a Carot majors only TAROT deck:

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/tarot/samples/carot.jpg

The Carot Cards are a recreation of the familiar Tarot de Marseilles majors with cats instead of human figures. The artwork is by Yoko Imamura and was published by the Katsumi Art Studio in 2006. <snip> These cards are printed in a muted and restricted colour pallette that is shifted towards greens and blues, a rather unusual but stylish approach, that discriminates them from the usually brightly coloured Marseilles cards.

gregory

Oh I love these. Sorry we didn't know about the name. We did a Google search and checked trademarks and nothing came up. I hope you will consider putting these back in print. The art is really nice.
I own it; I didn't create it, sorry !

barefootlife

I will admit that I looked at this post and went 'whaaat?', but then I looked at the deck and it's so darn cute and simple that I'm gonna pitch in.

Myrrha

Clearly this is based on timeless rabbit wisdom passed down from El-ahrairah himself! I will back this.

Dogs&Coffee

Can we talk about that amazeballs pun that is the OP's name... because it's pretty amazeballs.