Direction of the Kipper People Cards (Moved from Lenormand)

Village Witch

I know this subject has been discussed before, but I couldn't find a recent thread.

I recently bought a Kipper deck and book. The book says the direction in which the people cards face determines past and future. I don't read the cards that way with Lenormand, so I am questioning if I should read the cards that way with Kipper. Or if I should read Lenormand with regard to the direction the people cards face.

My biggest problem in either case is that in some decks a character may face one way and face the opposite in another deck. In the Mystical Kipper, the Lady is walking to her right but looking to her left. In a reading I did for a friend, it turned out that the cards to the Lady's left were what she wasn't ready to let go of. (She was undecisive.) The cards to her right was what she hoped for but was hesitant to embrace. Can't say that will be the case in every read.

So my conclusion is to read the cards with the left as past and the right as future with disregard to the direction they are facing. This will certainly make it easier with switching between decks.

How do you read in regard to the direction a people card is facing?

Genna

I think this should be posted on Oracles, but I use Kipper and the way people turn to is future for them in my opinion. The way they turn from is their past. I often use different Kipper decks too, and you are right that Mystical Kipper´s Main person 2 turns left, when in other decks she turns right.And Main person 1 turns right. But as so long as you remember that it is a charming deck to use. I love it.

Barleywine

I never read "facing" in Lenormand either, but I understand it's more central to Kipper interpretation. I don't have my Kipper deck yet, but I agree that this should probably go in Oracles. I will check with the Oracles moderator to see about making that happen.

Village Witch

I think this should be posted on Oracles, but I use Kipper and the way people turn to is future for them in my opinion. The way they turn from is their past. I often use different Kipper decks too, and you are right that Mystical Kipper´s Main person 2 turns left, when in other decks she turns right.And Main person 1 turns right. But as so long as you remember that it is a charming deck to use. I love it.

The Main Person #2 Lady in the Mystical Kipper is walking to the right with her head turned to the left. This seriously confused me.

Village Witch

I never read "facing" in Lenormand either, but I understand it's more central to Kipper interpretation. I don't have my Kipper deck yet, but I agree that this should probably go in Oracles. I will check with the Oracles moderator to see about making that happen.

Thank you! I wasn't sure where to put this thread. I mentioned Lenormand in my opening post hoping it was okay to post in the Lenormand section. I've seen Kipper mentioned a few times here and there in the Lenormand section.

Village Witch

I remember someone mentioned in a previous thread that it makes no sense when the Man and Lady are on the same line and the Man's past is the Lady's future.

Joon

The Original Kippers are depicted such that Main Character 1, Good Gentleman (5), and Rich Good Gentleman (13) all face to the left, and their partners Main Character 2, Good Lady (6), and Rich Girl (12) all face to the right.

Looking at pictures of the Mystical Kipper, and given that I would prefer all the couples capable of facing each other, I would read MC 2 facing to the left since MC 1 clearly faces right. 13 also faces right, and 6 & 12 left. A problem I would have with the deck is that the Good Gentleman 5 clearly breaks the pattern.

Of the currently published Kippers, none preserves the pattern of all the men facing one direction and all the women the other, but Carrie Parris and Toni Puhle are collaborating on a deck that will do so.

As Barleywine says, Kipper is much more reliant on direction than Lenormand. I recommend Toni's videos on youtube, as well as her Kipper courses. The video called Kipper Generations talks about direction and all the Kipper "people" cards.

Village Witch

The Original Kippers are depicted such that Main Character 1, Good Gentleman (5), and Rich Good Gentleman (13) all face to the left, and their partners Main Character 2, Good Lady (6), and Rich Girl (12) all face to the right.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention as I hadn't given thought to the partner cards being opposite. I obtained my first Kipper deck just last week.

Of the currently published Kippers, none preserves the pattern of all the men facing one direction and all the women the other, but Carrie Parris and Toni Puhle are collaborating on a deck that will do so.

As Barleywine says, Kipper is much more reliant on direction than Lenormand. I recommend Toni's videos on youtube, as well as her Kipper courses. The video called Kipper Generations talks about direction and all the Kipper "people" cards.

I will do some exploring for other Kipper decks. Every time I google Kipper, I find Kipper the Dog books. Hahaha...

I will definitely check out those youtube videos. Thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated.