Are people scared of Playing card readings ?

Sharla

I read playing cards.
I prefer them when I read for myself. I find playing cards to be quite chatty in a way that Tarot doesn't tend to be unless I use particular decks.

Yes very chatty :D they speak in a different tone to Tarot.

"Does my bum look big in these jeans?"

PC's: It sure does take them off, i'm not going out with you looking like that. Try a different size on.

Tarot: I can see some fullness and some stretching of this region area, it sort of gives you a fullmoon shape, if this is bothering you then you need to work out what it is you need to do to get the fullmoon into a half moon in the future.

Oracle: Your guides will be with you on this journey of "enlightenment", there will be obstacles you will need to endure to carry on towards this journey, you will achieve what you can.

:D ha ha you get my point.

Nemia

I have playing cards and I'm fascinated by them - but also confused. There simply too many systems, and while I managed in my Lenormand studies to stick to the guns that I started out with, I got trapped into the search for the perfect system with PC. Besides, I love German Skat cards and they're different from the French complete decks. So after an intense time of study and a very useful journal I put together for myself, I put the playing cards aside for now, but I want to learn to read them myself - once I have more time to sort out what really feels right to me.

With tarot, it feels so much simpler...

celticnoodle

I have playing cards and I'm fascinated by them - but also confused. There simply too many systems, and while I managed in my Lenormand studies to stick to the guns that I started out with, I got trapped into the search for the perfect system with PC. Besides, I love German Skat cards and they're different from the French complete decks. So after an intense time of study and a very useful journal I put together for myself, I put the playing cards aside for now, but I want to learn to read them myself - once I have more time to sort out what really feels right to me.

yes, I get this. As I've forgotten a lot of my playing card ways and I am now finding that reading tarot is simpler. I'm more of an image reader--so generally pick decks that speak to me anyway.

Sharla

Yes i totally get what your saying here, and i think this is another reason why people shy away from them and stick with Tarot.

When i first started out i was a lot like you, searching and searching only to find different meaning after meaning....you think you've got a meaning to a card but then you come across another totally different one for the same card, so then you start doubting the meaning you had.....this did actually cause me to put them to one side for a while a year ago as it was getting too frustrating and confusing.

Ive done the same as you now though, and ive put a journal together myself....its took me about 3 years to do this, and i still now struggle with certain cards when they pop up.
A bit like the Star and moon card in Tarot, that most people have struggled interpreting at times.

If you've put a lot of work in with your studying though, and have already got yourself a journal from them, then make sure you do go back to them at some stage.

AJ

Sharla said: The reason of this post, is im interested to know why people much more prefer tarot 75% and lenormand 10% and oracles 10 % for your (future prediction) answers......Playing cards (in my books) gets 5%.

where did you find your percentage facts? Is that based on your personal readings? It is rather inclusive. Doesn't reflect me at all. I have no trouble transposing tarot's minors and courts to playing cards. In fact I'd have difficulty not making that conversion.

That said, I don't use cards for predictive readings. And I'd venture a guess that non-card users are afraid of everything :)

Sharla

Sharla said: The reason of this post, is im interested to know why people much more prefer tarot 75% and lenormand 10% and oracles 10 % for your (future prediction) answers......Playing cards (in my books) gets 5%.

where did you find your percentage facts? Is that based on your personal readings? It is rather inclusive. Doesn't reflect me at all. I have no trouble transposing tarot's minors and courts to playing cards. In fact I'd have difficulty not making that conversion.
There not actual facts obviously, i was just showing an example of how little i see PC's being used at the side of the rest of the cards....that's all.
And to use the tarot meanings for playing cards is not how they are supposed to be read, there is some slight similarity in some cards but not all....PC's have there own language.
That said, I don't use cards for predictive readings. And I'd venture a guess that non-card users are afraid of everything :)
I only use lenormand or PC's for predictive work, for me Tarot is for inner work.

AJ

And to use the tarot meanings for playing cards is not how they are supposed to be read, there is some slight similarity in some cards but not all....PC's have there own language.

We had a gentleman here some years ago who was Aces at using them, he wrote out a little mini seminar or how to use the cards. Of course I can't remember the username, both Joes and Bones come to mind. But if I ever knew they weren't used like tarot, I'd forgotten.

interesting thread

edited to add: Sharla, I hope my posts aren't off subject, I got my pinkies tapped once already today. just let me know if I should erase my posts, thanks

Sharla

We had a gentleman here some years ago who was Aces at using them, he wrote out a little mini seminar or how to use the cards. Of course I can't remember the username, both Joes and Bones come to mind. But if I ever knew they weren't used like tarot, I'd forgotten.
Was it lord Baron ? or something like that name i remember coming across some time ago.
interesting thread

edited to add: Sharla, I hope my posts aren't off subject, I got my pinkies tapped once already today. just let me know if I should erase my posts, thanks

No your posts are fine :thumbsup:

EmpressArwen

I don't ask for playing card readings mostly for the same reason others have mentioned...I know nothing about it and I like to understand the system I'm getting a reading from...but now that I think on it...I don't know why I feel that way. lol It really shouldn't matter if I know the system or not but for some reason it does.

*this really cleared things up, didn't it?! hahaha*

I think you are a great reader...so I do know, that it is definitely NOT you.

Sharla

I don't ask for playing card readings mostly for the same reason others have mentioned...I know nothing about it and I like to understand the system I'm getting a reading from...but now that I think on it...I don't know why I feel that way. lol It really shouldn't matter if I know the system or not but for some reason it does.
Well that's food for thought there...no seriously it is. You don't ask for PC readings because you like to know yourself the system, but then why do you feel the need to know the system yourself from getting a reading...hmmm interesting. BUT very true and totally get where your coming from.

Im now putting the shoe on the other foot and seeing how id feel asking for a reading from a divination style i knew nothing about.... I actually still think i would (but maybe that's just me), and id probably take the reading at first with a pinch of salt but if the reading manifested itself, then id know that i could trust in them types of readings.
*this really cleared things up, didn't it?! hahaha*

I think you are a great reader...so I do know, that it is definitely NOT you.

Thankyou...i do put myself down a lot and think i should be doing better by now etc, so its nice to have a compliment. :)