Are people scared of Playing card readings ?

Stagecraft_kid

I have playing cards and I'm fascinated by them - but also confused. There simply too many systems, and while I managed in my Lenormand studies to stick to the guns that I started out with, I got trapped into the search for the perfect system with PC.

I'm currently studying playing card divination, and I'm really struggling with this too. I've stopped several times because it's a bit too open for interpretation, and I'm not good at sorting things out like that. Most tarot meanings are more or less standard and if stuck, most decks at least have pictures.

As for getting a reading, I've never before gotten one from any kind of deck, but if I did, I'm like several others, and I'd get one from a system I know, as part of the reason I'd get one, was to see how they interpreted them, and I couldn't do that with playing cards. I also think it's true what someone said earlier in this thread about how people who get readings liking to get something more mysterious. Just my thoughts though.

celticnoodle

We had a gentleman here some years ago who was Aces at using them, he wrote out a little mini seminar or how to use the cards. Of course I can't remember the username, both Joes and Bones come to mind. But if I ever knew they weren't used like tarot, I'd forgotten.

I think you may mean Little Baron.

I think he used Hedgewitchery and also Deborah Leigh's method too.

think

I quite like PC readings and have enjoyed learning them too. In fact I just bought a new set from Dubai to start reading with. And I love your readings, Sharla.

I wonder if it's because tarot has this mysticism about it. Like they are used in films, in art, in literature, and they have a kind of spiritual nature for many, quite poetic even, arty and whimsical. Playing cards seem darker, the true nitty gritty. Maybe they are more accurate for predictions and also maybe that's what puts people off. I dunno.

AJ

I think you may mean Little Baron.

I think he used Hedgewitchery and also Deborah Leigh's method too.

No, I know Steve Bright, he's brilliant, but not the one I'm thinking of

Le Fanu

Like Nemia, I just find them too confusing - which is a shame as I have some exquisite decks so as far as looking at pretty pictures, I'd have lots to choose from.

I studied extensively one system - and even when I'd got to grips with it, readings were still vague. There was memorising (which I used to be good at) but readings were always way more vague than tarot - it was always just based around numerology which never answered my question appropriately. I think "scared" is the wrong word. Nobody here would be scared, because nobody here is afraid of accuracy (if they are accurate in your experience).

Sharla

For the people that are saying they are too confusing, it takes time and effort just like any other divination practice. Just because they don't have pictures, you can with time still relate to how they speak to you...but this just comes with continued daily practise.

Ive not gone with a set interpretation like hedgewitchery etc....ive took bits from here and there, and made them my own. And also each day i'm adding or scribbling out interpretations to what fit.

Even today i've added two new meanings to two different cards...going on readings ive done, and crossed out one, as that never makes sense....you gotta keep working with them.

I have my own journal i've made for each card, and this has come over time.....3 years its took me so far to get where i am, even though im still no professional reader yet, but 7.5/10 my readings now are accurate.

An example i keep using in how these may speak....one night i txt a guy i was seeing and he didn't respond, this was about 10pm, so not too late.

I asked why he didn't respond to my txt and got....4 clubs, 4 spades, 10 spades. Because i work with these cards continuously i knew straight away they were saying he was sleeping...

Both the 4's was the bed and 10 spades was him asleep....all black cards was lights out asleep. I later confirmed with him this reading, and he did confirm he was asleep.

If i would have gone with actual meanings you can find online...i would have thought he was dead lol....so they still come down to intuition too.

AnemoneRosie

I have a regular deck for timing.
I'm not afraid of playing card readings at all. They just don't speak to me the way tarot does.

Now I'm curious about your timing method???

Yes very chatty :D they speak in a different tone to Tarot.

"Does my bum look big in these jeans?"

PC's: It sure does take them off, i'm not going out with you looking like that. Try a different size on.

Tarot: I can see some fullness and some stretching of this region area, it sort of gives you a fullmoon shape, if this is bothering you then you need to work out what it is you need to do to get the fullmoon into a half moon in the future.

Oracle: Your guides will be with you on this journey of "enlightenment", there will be obstacles you will need to endure to carry on towards this journey, you will achieve what you can.

:D ha ha you get my point.

Totally! It's just like that. I find the Osho Zen Tarot speaks to me a bit the way that playing cards do, though, and that's cool if a bit unexpected.

I tend to appreciate the blunt and direct style of playing cards. I find that sometimes Tarot readers are shocked when their decks speak to them that bluntly, but because I first learned on them I just appreciate when it happens (and it never seems to happen for me!)

I have playing cards and I'm fascinated by them - but also confused. There simply too many systems, and while I managed in my Lenormand studies to stick to the guns that I started out with, I got trapped into the search for the perfect system with PC. Besides, I love German Skat cards and they're different from the French complete decks. So after an intense time of study and a very useful journal I put together for myself, I put the playing cards aside for now, but I want to learn to read them myself - once I have more time to sort out what really feels right to me.

With tarot, it feels so much simpler...

I understand this. I'm thankful that I learned to read them before the internet, and that I had a single book to learn them from. So I just learned what my book taught me, and then I learned Tarot from the playing cards.

Sharla said: The reason of this post, is im interested to know why people much more prefer tarot 75% and lenormand 10% and oracles 10 % for your (future prediction) answers......Playing cards (in my books) gets 5%.

where did you find your percentage facts? Is that based on your personal readings? It is rather inclusive. Doesn't reflect me at all. I have no trouble transposing tarot's minors and courts to playing cards. In fact I'd have difficulty not making that conversion.

That said, I don't use cards for predictive readings. And I'd venture a guess that non-card users are afraid of everything :)

I was wondering this too, so thank you so much for asking!!

Sharla

Now I'm curious about your timing method???

Totally! It's just like that. I find the Osho Zen Tarot speaks to me a bit the way that playing cards do, though, and that's cool if a bit unexpected.

I tend to appreciate the blunt and direct style of playing cards. I find that sometimes Tarot readers are shocked when their decks speak to them that bluntly, but because I first learned on them I just appreciate when it happens (and it never seems to happen for me!)

I understand this. I'm thankful that I learned to read them before the internet, and that I had a single book to learn them from. So I just learned what my book taught me, and then I learned Tarot from the playing cards.

I was wondering this too, so thank you so much for asking!!

Well if you read back through the posts to my reply to AJ on this exact Q....there you'll have your answer you've been wondering about.

Threads like this always have someone who wants to nitpick something 🙄

AnemoneRosie

Yes. I know. I saw the answer.
I also saw the part where they were doubting the appropriateness of asking the question... so I responded in an effort to say that they weren't the only one wondering, and that they had no need to delete their post (just in case your reassurance alone wasn't enough).

I'm not trying to be critical of you. Seriously.

Sharla

Yes. I know. I saw the answer.
I also saw the part where they were doubting the appropriateness of asking the question... so I responded in an effort to say that they weren't the only one wondering, and that they had no need to delete their post (just in case your reassurance alone wasn't enough).

I'm not trying to be critical of you. Seriously.

Oh so people's doubting why im even asking the Question.....ok that's a little confusing but still.