ISO info on The Astrological Tarot ~ George Muchery

Elven

I have had the book for years - and use some of the Astrology information - but I also like the cards in the book - this seems to be the companion book.
Anyone know of these cards?

Blessings Elven x

MardiGras

no can't say I do I own the astrological mandala at mann.

also into the elven path and been attuned yesterday to eleven shamanic reiki.

Ariostel

Giving this search a bump

I, too, have a copy. The book is undated, about 312 pp., b/w illustr., translated from French by Marguerite Vallior. And I agree. The illustrations are very interesting, and there's a deck associated with them; I'd love to try to track it down. If I see any more posts here, I'll scan and post some pages.

There are usually several copies available on eBay at any time of the book.

Le Tarot Astrologique (1927) is the name of the original deck, 48 cards. TarotGarden: http://tinyurl.com/2cgmr5e has info about the 1957 version. Neither is available.

roppo

Rider & Co. announced the publication of The Astrological Tarot by George Muchery in the 1927 autumn issues of The Occult Review. And there is an advertisement in the 1928 May issue of the magazine which says :

ASTROLOGICAL TAROT (Astromancy)
by George Muchery. Translated from the French by Marguerite Vallior. 320pp.; with plates. 15s. net. An exhaustive exporition of a system of divination combining the advntages of Astrology and the Tarot.
NOTES.-- For the benefit of readers desirous of making practical use of this interesting system of devination by means of the Astrological Tarot, the Publishers have made arrangements to supply special sets of cards as illutrated in this volume, but hansomely produced in three colours, at the price of 5s. per pack.

I want to see these special packs supplied by Rider Co.

fyreflye

How does a 48 card deck get to be a tarot?

Ariostel

...but then, who's counting?

Probably by taking the same turn that the Kabbalists took or the Numerologists took or the Egyptologists took or the Astrologists took or the people who print the Major Arcana decks took or the people who turned humans into animals, or...

...but then, who's counting?

SixDegrees

I've seen the deck of cards only once on eBay. They were incomplete, so I passed. Now I'm not so sure that was the right decision...

cardlady22

I got the Studio Editions book, The Astrological Tarot, recently. Quite oddly, the cover is illustrated with actual tarot cards . . .

I like the brighter coloring in the 1982 edition. Makes me think offspring of Magical Menagerie oracle & a Place tarot deck. :angel:
*runs off to edit Wishlist posts*

Ariostel

Hmmm...

I'm not even sure how I'd search for the deck. I don't know what it was called. I'll head over to Trading and put out an ISO and see if anyone can give me a starting point.