ISO info on The Astrological Tarot ~ George Muchery

Spacegoat

Georges Muchery Tarot

I was lucky enough to get a copy of this fine deck, in perfect condition, from Roderick Somerville's shop in the Royal Mile, Edinburgh, Scotland, shortly before he closed in the late 90's. It is very beautiful, the colours are strong, the cardstock and printing first class.

OK, it's not strictly speaking a 'tarot', but how many oracle decks are there out there that call themselves tarots?

It is less common to do so these days, but in the past anything that resembled a fortune telling deck was often labelled tarot.

My copy is in a red box, with the Ascendant (Sphinx) on the cover. It's all in French. The company is 'Editions du Chariot', the deck is called 'Le Tarot Astrologique'. There is an ISBN on the back and a bar code, so clearly, mine isn't from 1957 . .

Spacegoat

. . . . it's from 1982.

Having checked on tarotgarden, it seems the deck I have must be from 1982, which seems to be the last time it was published (twice before that, in 1927 and 1957).

Astraea

I wrote to Jeannette 6 or 7 years ago, looking for the 1927 deck. At that time, she thought she could locate a copy but it would have cost $800-plus, and I had to pass. It's a stunning deck.

cynthea

Opinion of book:The Astrological Tarot

I'm looking for information on this book. Do you recommend? Comments? reviews? Suggestions on better books about Astrology and Tarot ?
Thank you

decan

I'm looking for information on this book. Do you recommend? Comments? reviews? Suggestions on better books about Astrology and Tarot ?
Thank you

I didn't read all the previous posts in this thread, but to your question: "...better books about Astrology and Tarot ?"
Yes you can find better!
Georges Muchery was (is? I don't know if he passed away or not) a french astrologer after the 2nd world war. Well, french astrology after the 2nd world war has for sure a historical interest...

ETA: I just checked it out online and Georges Muchery was born in 1892 and passed away in 1981.