BOTA Death Card - what is that?

Elven

In the attachment below I have a picture of the BOTA Death Card (uncoloured). In the left hand top corner is a symbol - or as I have read, it is a SEED.
Does anyone have any more information on this symbol/seed?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this - I wasn't sure.

Many thanks
Elven x

Attachments

• sees Tarot 2010 vII Death BOTA.jpg
    sees Tarot 2010 vII Death BOTA.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 924

t.town.troy

I'm no expert, but here is a way to look at trump XIII:
The seed shows that death is not of necessity the end; there is the seed of a new beginning.
The Thoth, GD ritual tarot and I'm sure other decks as well, use seeds or embryos to show the same idea.

Elven

Thanks t.town.troy :)

I am studying a incident (with Tarot) presently where there was reported UFO activity in the area - a persons body was found - the story is sad and gruesome.
Everything on the Death card (which represented the victim in the reading) pictorially and metaphysically, aligns with the incident ... then I saw the 'symbol' and wondered what it was.
After a bit of research I read it was a 'seed'.
Now I need to confirm further what that seed is about.

It reminded me of many old paintings in which there are UFO's in the background - intuitively while reading the card I thought of this - thats why Im trying to get some more information on the 'seed'.

Some examples below of paintings ...

Thanks for the reply ;)
Cheers
Elven

Attachments

• Mary and Saint Giovannino.jpg
    Mary and Saint Giovannino.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 449
  • ufojesus.jpg
    ufojesus.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 445

rwcarter

From the BOTA Introduction to Tarot: 7

This something is the One Power specialized in the reproductive functions of the body. It is the Seed-power. Hence a conventionalized picture of a seed is placed in the upper left-hand corner of the picture.

The same power is represented by the skeleton....

HTH,
Rodney

Elven

Thankyou so much Rodney for going and getting that info - I ont have the book to the BOTA ...
Its an interesting symbol indeed, and fits well into some other information.

Cheers
Elven x

Mirror of Galadriel

This is an old thread I realize. But as a BOTA member I can add some comments, without sharing directly from lessons. I am working with this card at present in my life, and only with the BOTA one in particular, as it is a bit different from all the other Death cards.

This is about renewal. Not just about Death. It is helpful sometimes to realize that a title of a card can be illuminated by reading it as its opposite. So an alternate title to this card is Birth. Gestation in the womb leads to the end of the time there. And the end of that cycle is Birth. When we are born, it is the death of our time as a fetus.

The Hebrew letter for this card is Nun which means "fish". A seed, or sperm is a kind of fish. When it is planted, that is the death of its time as potential, and the beginning of its time as manifestation. Likewise, if you have an idea, that is like a seed, in your mind. You might have an idea to knit an afghan. But if you make the afghan, the idea dies. Instead what is left is the living manifestation of what that idea was or life. A wonderful image for this is the Rider Waite Page of Cups. The Page holds a cup from which issues forth a fish. From the Love Power...this creativity and giving of seeds...comes Life and Birth. Think of the cup as a womb and the fish as that which is born. When life comes forth, the seed then dies and what is left is the Form that it has assumed as a living thing.

Another image that helps is the crayfish which crawls out of the pool in "the Moon". That fish that is crawling out was caught in the previous card, The Star, because the Star is Tzaddi, the fish-hook. In this instance, what we have is a sense that what was worked at interiorly manifests corporeally in the body. This refers to physical changes that one looks for in relation to "The Great Work".