6 of Wands Rx - The One that Got Away?

heartnoir

I asked if an ex thought of me as 'the one that got away' and received the Six of Wands reversed.

Has anyone heard of that interpretation for this card before? It does kind of make sense to me, but perhaps other cards would illustrate that idea better?

PAMUYA

I asked if an ex thought of me as 'the one that got away' and received the Six of Wands reversed.

Has anyone heard of that interpretation for this card before? It does kind of make sense to me, but perhaps other cards would illustrate that idea better?

This is a yes/no question. Tarot is discriptive. Personally is see the Six of Wants reversed as more of a betrayal card, no trust, no teamwork, does not look up to you. For me a card of love would better represent "the one that got away" card, like 2 of cups, 10 of cups. Something that provokes a sign of deep admiration.

danieljuk

The 6 of Wands is a card that many people see as Victory as in RWS the guy is riding into Victory. In the reversal, the horse is upside down and he falls off his horse. A lot of people see the Rx as a fall from grace. An embarrassing situation with people watching where you lose confidence. I see it more as a situation or a person who has fame or success (which is publicly recognised) but with the reversal has been in a scandal or it's all gone wrong! like a politician in a scandal.

In answer to your question I would probably say no, they don't think you are the one that got away, they are worried what other people think about you guys splitting and if they can get back on their horse! I think they are more concerned about their image and reputation from the relationship than if you got away.

scorpiogirl

I would think 3W is more descriptive of being the one that got away...

heartnoir

Thank you for the responses. I am still new to this.

Pamuya, yes, I understand tarot isn't really suited for straight yes/no questions. I like that a card can give you more information about the "why" behind the yes or no, or more information about the situation, if that makes sense. Based on your and danieljuk's interpretations, it would seem to say No, because he lost face and reputation in the breakup, and his ego doesn't want to take any more damage, so he is happy to have me go, and find someone new who makes him feel like a 'winner' again.

There was a betrayal, but on his part. When I found out, I ended things. It still haunts me for some reason. Perhaps I just wanted a sign that it still haunts him too. Ah well. :)

Scorpiogirl, yes, I could see 3 wands too... watching and waiting for a return. Or 9 swords, being tortured by obsessive thoughts. Or 7 cups, having only your fantasies left. Or 6 cups, nostalgic memories from a past time.

I think it's harder for me to see a card like 2 cups or 10 cups in this position because they seem to indicate happiness in the 'now' -- not the aching or longing I would expect from one who has lost their love.

danieljuk

I hope you find someone new who is great for you heartnoir and I think that might be a message here, however you look at if you got away or not :)