Kipper discussion in general

Grizabella

I've started this thread in hopes that we can get discussion going about Kipper decks and how they work. Do you have any of these decks and how do you use them? I'll share what I'm doing and hopefully others will share as well.

I'm also starting a study thread of Kipper for those who'd like to join in. I've been developing ways to use Kipper cards and I'll share what I've been doing in case it will give others some ideas. I also hope those who also use the cards will share what insights they have.

AnemoneRosie

I use them as a combination of Lenormand systems and more intuitive Oracle systems.

Grizabella

I use them as a combination of Lenormand systems and more intuitive Oracle systems.

When I was cruising around AT the other day, I noticed someone who said they had combined the Lenormand and the Kipper that Ciro made because they were the same size cards. Was that you? :) I didn't get to read the thread because I had company.

AnemoneRosie

No. It wasn't me.
It sounds like something that I'd do though, as I have both.
I used my kipper cards in my ROC exchange just the other day :)

Jen P

When I was cruising around AT the other day, I noticed someone who said they had combined the Lenormand and the Kipper that Ciro made because they were the same size cards. Was that you? :) I didn't get to read the thread because I had company.

I think it was me. I am still only a Kipper newbie, but here is a link of a video that shows combining them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpsyTBCAkMM&index=6&list=PLRaGqdabWuzyp-i_hGDIvy2-yhyJh0ZV9

It was not my idea. The first time I saw it combined was on this video by the wonderful Fortune Buchholtz.

Grizabella

Thank you for the link. I'll go check that out when I get my forum browsing done for this morning. I always spend my "coffee time" when I first wake up on browsing AT. :)

danieljuk

love Kippers! (whispers) I think I like them better than Lenormand for some reason but they haven't taken off in the same way. A lot of the literature about them is in the original German which I can't read at all. It's interesting there hasn't been elaborate stories about Mrs Kipper that there are about Mlle. Lenormand.

My first was the Mystical Kipper and I really love the artwork of it, in fact now I want the Lenormand of the same brand and artist! I have seen on AT once that someone combined the Mystical Kipper and Mystical Lenormand and the cards are the same size!

Then I got Ciro's Kipper and I like the differences between the two decks, they both work well. I don't own any of the older German version cards. I always get good readings from Kippers, if just one card on a thread here or a few cards in combination! They always are quite accurate :)

Laura Borealis

Would this be a good thread to ask about the history of Kipper cards? Do we know anything about Frau Kipper and her life & times? I did a little searching, but there doesn't seem to be much in English about the creator. I also don't see any Kipper decks in AT's database - except for Ciro's deck. Am I just missing them?

I just ordered one (the original) so I can study along when it comes :)